Chapter 2

Anastasia POV

"Teddy hurry up. We're getting late. "I yelled. Today was Teddy's first day at school. It has been three years since I left Christian. My boy has grown up so fast!

"Comeeng.. " Teddy squealed in excitement. He is so excited to go to school and make friends. My cute baby.

I walk with Ted down the corridor towards his classroom. When we reach the classroom I'm greeted with loud gigging of children and the teacher calming them down.

I urge Ted towards the teacher however he seems very resistant. My cutie. " Don't worry baby. She is Mrs. Marie, your class teacher. She will help you and play with you. "

Marie walked up yo us, "Hi! What's your name young man? "

"Teddy"my baby barely muttered.

Marie smiled broadly at him and started tickling him. Teddy giggled loudly and cheerfully. It reminded me of how Christian always used to display his boyish grin whenever we were together. Teddy resembles Christian in so many ways. Especially his grey eyes.

After Ted gets comfortable I decide to leave him with his newly made friends and go to my grocery shopping. I had promised to bake a cake for Teddy today.

As I place all the necessary items in my cart I think about how quickly everything changed. Suddenly my phone starts ringing. Kate.

"Hii Kate, what's up? "I quickly say trying to figure out the quantity of flour I need.

"Anaa it's been so long. How are you? And how is Teddy? Let's meet sometime and catch up. "

"I'm fine and Teddy is fine too. In fact today was his first day at school. He was so excited. Yeah we should meet up some time. Maybe this weekend at 11:00am? "

"Wow really I'm so happy for you and Ted. Yes perfect let's meet at 11. Can't wait to meet you bestiee"

"Same here "I say rolling my eyes at Kate's comment and drop the call.

Once I'm done with my shopping I go and pick up Teddy and we drive home while listening to nursery rhymes.

I quickly prepare dinner and bake the cake. Teddy jumps around in happiness when he sees the cake. We sit at the table together with him telling me about his day at school and how he is so happy to make new friends. I listen to him with enthusiasm.

Soon I can see that Teddy is sleepy so I carry him to his bed and put him to sleep. I sit there listening to my baby's chest rising and falling slowly as he drifts into sleep.

Teddy is the only one I have left in my life. He reminds me so much of Christian. I still find it hard to understand the reason behind what happened that day. But no matter how angry I am I really miss him. I really do.