12- Emily and freshmen

Emily had taken Liz, Oliver, and Garret under her wing for the full moon. Unfortunately, Garret was unable to get the right time and place down.

The speckled dirt brown wolf wandered around, unknowing what to do at the time. Eventually the Lilyville pack found him and tore the poor boy apart.

Emily's dark brown wolf had blue eyes that looked at both Liz's black brown coat and at Oliver's mixed Canadian grey.

The two freshmen were both very smart. They both took math classes either at the level of or above Emily.

It didn't make them any more experienced then her though. She still knew how to be a wolf-the etiquette, how to hunt, gestures, controlling wolf-related urges-all of it.

The three got their fair share of not three, but five wolves. They came in from around. the one in the center howled after discovering Oliver.

At one point of Emily's life, she was on track to being a professional soccer player. She was great in about 8th grade, until her old school suspended her for drug possession. She told her Momma she wouldn't do it again; she took Developmental Phycology and taught drug Ed to the sixth graders at Southview Middle. Her speed was impeccable now that she was a wolf.

The attacking five used a circling technique to keep the three confined and cornered. To Emily, it felt like she was going to lose some pack members tonight.

Oliver was the first to notice. He smelt him but only because he was so familiar with the scent. Yam Yam was prowling behind the some bushes, watching them. The Canadian wolf signaled to one of the two beta, Emily.

Seeing that Yam Yam was now here to help them, Emily was about to start an attack. She signaled so to Liz.

The three wolves pushed out, pouncing at their targets. Emily took on her brute pretty well for she had the weak fellow laying on the ground in seconds after a strong bite to the neck. Liz and Oliver were both struggling with two; both of them got injured however Yam Yam helped Oliver out by taking on one of his opponents from Lilyville.

Liz had to pull through the beating while Emily finished before she could focus on just one wolf. They would hop up so they had each other's paws on their backs-almost like a hug-and their teeth showing and trying to bite the other in the neck. This went on for a while; every now and then they'd thrash and roll in the ground. Liz, being a 14 year old girl, still had problems handling the 17 year old male almost twice her size.

It was almost too easy for Emily to dodge their attacks. To her they moved in slow motion; easy to move to the side and chomp the ankles. Small attacks from all around, until they couldn't handle the gross amount of pain. Today however, doing this to one would take 2 minutes when she only had 5 seconds.

In the first second she dodged the incoming pounce. In the second second she got behind him and bit his hind leg, in the third the jumped up on his back and dug her claws into him, the fourth she removed the skin around his neck and the fifth she made her way to Liz.

Yam yam was strong enough to pull through for both Oliver and himself. He used mainly a technique that consisted of what he observed from Emily. Dodge then a little attack.

They finally pulled through in about twenty minutes. There were a lot of wounds to take care of; Oliver's elbow would leave him in a sling for at least a month. Liz had a gash on her side that would leave her parents in a rage.

Yam Yams face... he had gotten clawed straight across the face. It would likely scar and he would have to come up with an excuse like I fell from a tree and a branch got me. He had a hard time seeing past his own blood.

Oliver licked his face in empathy for the pain and they both laid next to each other. Emily made the decision that she was the only one able to fight yet leaving them here would be leaving them for dead.

She heard the howl of Emma, the ears twitched and she made sure none of them moved.