4-Taking the Field in Competition

In their first competition that would originally be held at Lilyville, but later moved to Farmston, the Band took first. However, the drumline scores were lower then normal. This is because the judge spent his time entirely on the field observing the Batterie and took notes on the frontline in a gross amount of about 15 seconds.

The frontline's pack elder sat down with a whiskey in the usual meeting place, a strip club that was also used as mating grounds for young wolves.

"Nice to see you Pete." The Southview Director greeted his old friend from high school, back when they were part of the same drum line.

Pat, who had white hair and a white beard took a seat as well. "Pete,"

Pat ordered some scotch and a man wearing a black button up shirt served it to him. Pete casually slipped a dollar into a young ladies bra. Pat broke the silence, knowing a meeting like this was unusual. "Is this about what happened at Farmston?"

"Pat." Pete said, taking a sip of his whiskey. "You're a good guy, but what the hell was that? You spent the whole time on the field! You were never close to frontline at all!."

Pete's aggressiveness alarmed Pat, making him feel uncomfortable. Back in high school, Pete Barry was lead snare and also alpha. He was supposed to be the quarter back of the football team but instead followed his dreams. "Hey, you know the frontline was very mature; better then what else I've seen."

"But the problem is you weren't listening. We can't tell these kids their score now because it's uneven, it's bias." Pete said, his blue eyes piercing Pat.

"Hey, listen, I'm sorry," he said, and Mr. Barry couldn't take it.

"Sorry didn't cut it when you're diddles were dirty and the world competition. We lost that title because of you."
(Diddles: aka paradiddle: when a percussionist plays with the sticking of right left right right or left right left left.)

Pete Barry took a sigh. "You know what Pat? Come with me. I'll take you someplace better."

Pat followed Pete through the club, past all the hookers and kissing couples and dancing that was basically sex. They climbed into his black ford truck and Pete began driving, the doors locked. In the back of the truck bed were some stuff that rattled every time Pete took a turn. Pat thought they were chairs or something but he was wrong.

When they arrived at a camp site Pete put on some gloves and got out of the car. Pat had an idea that he was in danger so he jumped out of the car window and began to run.

Unfortunately those "chairs" were silver arrowed cross bows and Pete Barry shot Pat in his back while he ran.

He spent the next hour disposing of the body.