I heard the door open and Nia walked in with a bunch of bags.

"Hey birthday boy" she smiled, sitting the bags down.

"Wazzam" I mumbled, keeping my attention to the TV.

"Aren't you excited to be turning 23?"

"No"

"Why not?"

"Cause I turned 23 last year, Nia."

Her face fell. "Oh" she laughed. "Well it's the same thing"

I rolled my eyes as my phone vibrated.

Milly Mill(4:06 pm): thanks Aug, I'm trying to get through it. Love you too. And happy birthday!😏

I laughed and texted her back.

Me(4:07 pm): lmao thanks ma

I know she was still hurt and upset, but she was still trying to make today good for me and her, and I respected that.

"Sooo what do you wanna do for your birthday?" Nia's voice cut me off.

"I jus wanna chill today" I layed back, watching the game.

"You don't wanna do anything at all?" She tried climbing in my lap but I pushed her off.

"Nia what the hell is you doing?"

"I'm trying to cuddle" she smiled.

I pushed her off again and she frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Me and you...we not like that"

"I'm confused" she pouted.

"Nia.." I took a deep breathe. "That night, was a mistake. I should've have done it and I may have lost One of the best things that's ever happened to me."

Her jaw dropped. "Our daughter should be the best thing that's ever happened to you! Not some random ass hoe."

"Layla, go in your room mama" she stood up and took her toys in the guest room.

I stood up. "Olivia has been nothing but nice to your mean ass, so don't sit here and disrespect her." 

She crossed her arms. "Why not? You already did when you decided to sleep with me"

I dropped my head, ashamed of myself.

"Yeah I know. And this shit is gonna be one of my biggest regrets."

"August Shutup. You love me! You always have and you always will"

"Nia im sorry but I don't. I love Olivia. And you need to accept that."

"Well I won't."

"You don't have to. You should be happy I still associate with you. I could only take care of Layla and not say shit to you or help you out."

"That's fine. I don't need your bum ass anyways." She ran into the guest room and came back out with a black duffel bag.

"This is filled with money. I got my own shit, I just wanted to make things work with you."

I shook my head.

"Nia we can work something out and split time with Layla but you need to get out."

"Get out? August who the fuck do you think you are?"

"Nia stop yelling, just pack your shit and leave."

"You must really think you the shit huh?" She laughed and began packing her things.

"Come on Layla, we're staying somewhere else."

"Nooo" she whined. "I wanna stay with daddy" hearing her call me that was a good ass feeling, I loved her so much, her mother is just annoying as hell.

She gathered up there stuff and left, not before slamming the door.

Damn, how I end up spending my birthday alone?

***********

I have a question.

Would you guys want a Q and A? You guys would ask questions and they will be answered from the character's point of view. I don't mind making a whole chapter dedicated to that but I'll only do it if I get enough questions.

Leave comments on this chapter with all the questions you want to ask. Just put who the question is for.

Deal?

Deal.