Prologue

"Imani it's time to wake up" My mom called from the other side of my door.

"Just 5 more minutes" I groaned, stuffing my face into my pillow.

"You said that 15 minutes ago. You need to start getting ready if you don't want to be late for school" My mom sighed, probably shaking her head at me.

"Alright, alright I'm up" I said, stretching before getting up and picking out what I was wearing to school.

I decided on a basic white tank top with a blue jean shirt over it and some dark green leggings. Yes, I am bumming today.

After choosing my outfit, I quickly took a shower and then put my curly hair in a ponytail on top of my head. I quickly put on the clothes & slid my feet into my Nike slides.

I grabbed my bookbag & my AP World History book before making my way downstairs to get something to eat.

"Here sweetie, I made you waffles and bacon" My mom smiled, sliding the plate towards me.

"Thanks ma" I said, grabbing the plate & some syrup before making my way outside

"Come on ma Im gonna be late" I yelled behind me, walking towards the car parked outside of our townhouse.

My mom closed and locked the front door before getting in the car and pulling off.

I put in my headphones & ate my food silently as we made the normal 20 minute drive to my school.

I finished just as my mom pulled up to my school. I set the plate in the back seat & grabbed my bag and my book before telling my mom bye and walking into school.

Don't you ever feel like whenever you're walking down a hallway everyone is staring at you? I have this feeling all the time and it makes me really uncomfortable.

Before I could think any more on the topic, someone started yelling in my ear.

"Imaniiiiiiiii" my friend Myah sung, very off-pitch if I may add.

"Girl it is too damn early for all that yelling" I said, walking towards my locker.

"Whatever! Anyways have you heard that Jacquees just moved back to Georgia?" She said, smirking at me.

"Aw really? That's wassup" I said nonchalantly, grabbing my binder and closing my locker.

"Girl stop fronting, you know you love that boy!" Myah said to me, sucking her teeth.

"Okay just because I USED to have a crush on him did not mean that I loved that boy" I said matter-of-factly, making our way to our friend Asia's locker.

"Nah y'all had a little loveeeeee connection, don't forget them sandbox days" Myah said, sticking her tongue out at me and doing this stupid little dance in the middle of the hallway.

"Girl stop you are embarrassing me" I said laughing, dragging her to where Asia was standing. "And just because we kissed doesn't mean anything, that kiss didn't even count"

"It so did" She said right before we met up with Asia

"Dang it took y'all long enough" Asia said, rolling her eyes playfully at us

I walked both of them to class then made my way towards the doors leading out of the school since my first class was across the street.

I turned the corner sharply and carelessly bumped into someone that smelt so good I could die.

"My bad ma" The unknown boy said, picking up my papers that had fallen out of my binder when we bumped into each other.

"It's okay it was my fault" I said laughing, grabbing the papers and looking up at him.

"Imani?"

"Jacquees?" I said, looking up at him.

"Damn girl you done glo'd up since I saw you in 7th grade" He said, licking his lips at me.

"Yea you don't look bad yourself" I said, trying to avoid as much eye contact as possible.

The warning bell rung signaling that we needed to get to class.

"Ahh I guess that's my cue, well nice catching up with you Imani" Jacquees smiled at me, walking on down the hallway.

Before I turned the corner any further I looked back, but he was already staring at me.

•••••••••••••••

How was that? Are y'all liking the story so far? Comment if I should continue!