Chapter One

Fred's POV

After dinner as I walk up the stairs, my mind clouded with thought, I feel something crash into me. I look down and see that the cause of my fall was none other than Hermione Granger. I realize the position we are in , me laying on top of her, and feel my face heat up. I swear I see her cheeks turn slightly pink, but it's probably all in my head. I jump up, offer her my hand, and pull her to her feet. I mumble an apology and hurry to my room. My hand still feels warm where Hermione held it. Man, I've got it bad for her. After what feels like a lifetime I reach my bedroom door, I pull it open and in one swift movement close it. In an attempt to catch my breath I lean back against the door. When I look up I see the confused face of my twin staring up at me.

"What was that all about, Freddie?" he asks in his usual playful tone.

"Oh you know, the usual," I answer, mock sarcasm in my voice giving him a semi-serious look.

We burst into a fit of laughter that only lasts a couple of seconds.

"Okay, now can you tell me what's really going on?" he asks more seriously this time

"Well, I sorta fell on top of Hermione," I answer in a small voice

"I didn't catch that, can you say that again" he says putting a hand over his ear

"I said, I fell on top of Hermione in the hallway" I answer, louder this time.

George gives me a weird look "And yes it was an accident, I solemnly swear," I add, holding up my right hand for dramatic effect.   

He gives me a look that says "I still don't believe you" but I ignore him and decide that I'm going to have an early night. I lay down and fall asleep dreaming of her, a goofy smile on my face 

A/N: Short first chapter. I hope you like it! More chapters to come!