Chapter twenty-seven

*present day*

Everyone gripped onto whatever they were holding onto. I was holding hands with Jenny under the table while Becca and Emily hid under the stairs with Ashton and his friends. My parents were next in the living room where I couldn't see them. There was one person missing.

"Where's Luke?" I panicked.

"He went up to his room..." Becca cried clutching on her stomach as we all cautiously stepped out of our shelters. All the decorations were on the floor along with everything from doors to ornaments. I began to run up the stairs only to be stopped by my dad.

"Let me go, it could be dangerous up there." I nodded before checking if everyone was alright. "Becca." I gasped, tears rushing to my eyes.

"What?" She followed my gaze to her jeans, which were filled with blood. "No! I'm fine! We're fine! No!" She began to have a panic attack as Emily tried to calm her down.

I knew how selfish this was but when my life was flashing before my eyes I could only think of one person, Harry. I love him, he made me happy. So what if he wasn't ready to say that he loves me; that could just be my next mission.

I ran upstairs to my utterly destroyed room to find my phone which was under my bed and not broken. Before I could turn it on I heard my dad yelling so I shoved it into my pocket and followed the noise.

Luke was on the floor with blood on his head. I had no idea if he was unconscious or dead.

"Daddy?" I whimpered at the sight of my brother. "Is he?" I couldn't manage to get the words out of my mouth.

"He's still breathing." He stroked his face, "but barely, so we need to get to the hospital, now."

I nodded before helping pick up Luke and taking him downstairs before Ashton helped him. We walked to the hospital while my mother cried 'my baby' over and over again at Luke. The hospital was Earthquake proof so we could still go in.

We checked Becca and Luke in and Luke was rushed in for surgery. Emily, Jenny and I went into the doctor's room who scanned her tummy before his eyes met Becca's desperate ones.

"Please tell me she's okay." We weren't sure that the baby was a girl but Becca said she could feel it was a girl.

"I'm sorry. You must have hit your stomach causing the sac to break." He informed us. "I'll leave you alone to process what I told you."

"I'm so sorry Becca." We all cried however her expression was dead. There were no tears, no expression. She was just pale as a ghost staring right through us.

"I need to be alone. Can you just leave?" She asked we nodded before leaving. Once the door was closed we all winced hearing her screams of pain and crying.

"We'll wait out here. You go check on your brother." Jenny told me smiling softly.

I ran to the other ward to see how Luke's surgery was going.

"Sorry miss you can't go in there." A nurse stopped me from opening the door.

"I'm his sister!" I yelled, not caring that I was making a scene.

"Miss Hemmings, he is going to be alright. As long as you don't go in there and disturb the surgery."

"He's alive?" I asked tears rushing to my eyes and hugging the nurse. "Can I wait out here?"

"Of course, darling." She smiled, "Want some tea?" I nodded laughing slightly how she assumed my British accent made me love tea.

I sat in front of a boy who was also crying outside of a door. He was about the same age as me with a brown quiff and brown eyes. His face was perfectly symmetrical like a models.

"Who are you waiting for?" I asked.

"My sister." He said looking up at me with his sad eyes, "What about you?"

"Brother." I sighed, "I'm Scarlett by the way."

"I'm Joe."

For the next half hour he told me about how he had left home at sixteen (now he was nineteen) because he couldn't stand his parents and the only person there for him was his sister, Amelia who was currently in a hospital room dying. I also opened up about how for years Luke was the only family member she still had.

Soon a nurse came and told him that he should go say his goodbyes to his sister. After he handed me a piece of paper with his number so we could talk again one day, then he braced himself to see his sister for a last time.

I picked up my phone to ring Harry to see I had a missed call from Harry a few hours ago. He must have heard about the earthquake and wanted to see if I was alright. I held the phone to listen to the message and instantly got tears.

"Scarlett? Please pick up! I know you might still be angry and hate me for doing this but I flew to L.A. I know it was a crazy impulse but I was talking to Gemma about you... Fine I was crying to her about you but anyways she made me realise. No one is this upset over a girl the only just like. Scarlett Hemmings I love you. I love you so fucking much! I want to marry you, start a family anything and everything. As long as it's with you. Anyways I'm at the airport right now so please call me if you want to see me. I love you." BEEP.

Before I could even process what was happening I ran into the main office and asked about a Harry Styles but since we aren't family they couldn't share any information with me. What if he was fine and was in this hospital looking for me? Or worse he was dead in some alley where nobody would find him. If we hadn't gotten in a fight he would be with me right now; maybe not alive but I would know where he was.

"I'm his wife!" I lied.

"No you aren't." the woman sighed before telling me if I didn't leave she would get security.

Going into each and every room I finally found Harry. He was asleep and had a weak heartbeat. I read the clipboard which said he had been hit on the head and went into a coma.

I sat next to him and stroked his hand, cheek and crazy curls.

"I love you so much. Please wake up. Please I'm begging you. You can't die, I won't let you please. You said you loved me and you wanted to marry me and have kids one day so please just hold onto that. Please, I will always love you."

Right before I could carry out pouring my emotions out to him his heartbeat stopped and doctors rushed in. Everything happened so slowly as watched people try to wake him up; but it was no use. Harry Styles, my Harry was dead.

evxWFX-