Chapter twenty-five

Chapter twenty-five

"Harry?" How do I put this? "How long do you think it will take until you can you know. Say it back?" I asked as I put the cookies we had made in the oven.

"Scarlett, you know I really like you." He wrapped his arms around me, "I just don't think I'm capable of falling in love. Not anymore."

"I know because of that girl, but you know I would never hurt you." I sighed stroking his face.

"I've always just thought love was a trap, like marriage." He shrugged eating a few marshmallows.

"You don't ever want to get married?" I asked laughing nervously.

"Can we worry about one thing at a time." He joked.

"I'm not asking for a proposal, Harry." I untangled myself from him. "But I do want to have a boyfriend who loves me, maybe one day marry him and have kids."

"That's years away, and I would do that all for you." He came closer however I stopped him.

"Because I want to, not because you want to." I looked at him, biting my lip since I knew what was coming next.

"This relationship isn't going to work, is it?" he asked, already knowing the answer.

"It's too forced. No matter how much we want this it isn't working." A few tears spilled from the corner of my eyes.

"So is this it?" his dark green eyes dull and threatening to cry.

"Do you love me?" I asked, after a few minutes of silence I spoke up again, "That's what I thought."

"I wish I knew how to." he cursed to himself, "Maybe one day."

"Maybe in another life..." I kissed his cheek and handed him his jacket before I watched him leave.

As soon as the door was closed a range of emotions I had never felt before pushed me down to the ground as I cried. Anger that he couldn't speak his feelings, love for the boy and wanting to fix him, sadness that my heart had broken into a million pieces. Merry Christmas, Scarlett.

AUTHORS NOTE

SORRY I BROKE THEM UP OOPS. I GET BORED WITHOUT DRAMA