Chapter six

Chapter six

Stone after stone I threw into the river trying to make it skim but failing miserably. A scream of frustration escaped my lips before I broke down into tears. Picking up a small pebble I threw it into the water with all my might in an attempt to let out some anger inside.

A rustle came from the bushes causing me to snap my head towards it.

"Hello?" I spoke loudly.

"Scarlett?" Harry's figure came out of the darkness into the dim light from the lamppost. "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I muttered sitting down on a rock before letting out a dramatic sigh. The anger that was boiling inside of me had calmed.

"Just on my way back home." He said sitting next to me. Why was he getting home so late? Never mind it's Harry here, you know what he was up to.

"I just needed some fresh air." I knew he could tell I was lying but he also didn't press the matter further.

For the next few hours we lay there in the grass listening to music from his phone and talking while we looked at the stars.

"I lied." He finally said without looking at me. I sat up to look at him giving him a puzzled face. "I lied when I said that I would never fall for you. Lately I've found it hard not to fall for you."

What he said caught me completely by surprise and my mouth refused to move. His green eyes flickered in the light as he sat up to be on my level. They looked into mine, then my lips, then my eyes again. I knew what he was planning on doing and I wasn't that type of girl; even though right now in this moment I really wished I was.

"It's late." I managed to whisper. My eyes looked into his for a last second before I got up onto my feet, "my parents are worried." I explained.

"I'll walk you." He nodded understanding.

The walk to my house was short and awkward. Neither of us said anything and once we reached my door I let out a small smile and whispered a thank you before going inside. All the lights were turned off and it seemed like they had all gone to bed so I just went into my bedroom to find Luke asleep in my bed. He must had been waiting for me to get home and fallen asleep. I was too tired to get changed so I took off my coat and shoes and cuddled up to Luke.

"I like your face despite your nose... seventeen and a half years old-" groaning I turned off my alarm. Luke was still completely passed out; I swear that kid could sleep through anything.

Taking a quick shower and throwing on my school uniform and decided to walk to school. Even though it took a while to get to school. Upon arrival I saw my friends all sat together on the steps and surprisingly so was Harry, obviously not sat together. It was odd seeing him at school so early since he usually missed first period due to the fact that he just woke up.

"We brought you a frappe." A freshman girl handed over to me as I sat down. Honestly some people here were too desperate for approval; that's what I liked about Harry. He wouldn't just agree with me he would voice his opinion.

"Thanks." I said taking the mocha frappe, "I'm just going to leave my books in my locker I'll be right back."

Harry began walking next to me without saying a word.

"Hello?" I laughed.

"Hey, um so my friends throwing a party tonight." He said, stopping once we reached my locker. "Wondering if I would see you there." I hadn't heard anything about a party tonight but then again it was a stoner party one that not many people would get invited to.

"Could I bring my friends?" I asked knowing they wouldn't allow me to go on my own.

"If you must." He sighed, "Give me your phone." I passed him it and he typed his number in and then texted himself so he had my number. "I'll text you where it is."

He began walking away just in time as Becca, Emily and Jenny arrived by my side.

"So what are you all doing tonight?" I smirked.

"I don't know but I have a feeling you're about to tell us." Emily responded.

"What party have we never been invited to?" I asked trying to sell the idea since I knew they wouldn't be too keen on it.

"No way." Becca's eyes widened, "we are not crashing a stoner's party! They'll kill us! Have you lost your mind?" she ranted

"I was invited." I shrugged, "think about it they're the only social group that don't like us. Imagine if we won them over, it would be like history at this school."

I knew that won them over.

"Well I need to go shopping." Becca rolled her eyes at the fact that they had sided with me. Truth be told we always had a slight rivalry but it was all done friendly.

"Well then let's go shopping after lunch?" I smirked linking arms with her.

"Sounds like a plan."

After lunch we all were 'sent home since we had a really bad tummy ache, must have been something we ate'. Currently we were outside a warehouse (the address Harry sent me) where music could be heard from outside.

I had settled on wearing my black skinny jeans with a rip on the knee and a dark red crop top the same colour as my lipstick. Heels were too much of an effort so I wore my black platform trainers.

Jenny wore blue ripped jeans and a crop top. Emily wore a tight short white dress which looked amazing on her tanned skin. Becca wore a high-necked black dress which ended at the knee but showed off her curves perfectly.

"You ready?" I asked as we reached the door. Honestly I felt anxious to go in; I didn't know any of Harry's friends but they probably know me. I highly doubted they would be my biggest fan however why would Harry invite me if he knew they wouldn't like me he wouldn't have told me to come. I needed to stop overthinking and let a bit loose.

As soon as we got in the whole place was packed which was surprising since I never realised how many people they knew. Not even I or Becca could throw a party this big.

I looked down at my phone to see a text from Harry.

HARRY: ARE YOU HERE YET?
SCARLETT: I JUST GOT HERE. WHERE ARE YOU?

Almost instantly I got a reply.

HARRY: STAY WHERE YOU ARE I'LL COME GET YOU.

The girls decided to go to dance but I told them I'd join later and that I wanted to go get a drink. In reality I was just waiting for Harry. Swiftly I caught side of brown curls making their way towards me.

"Want a beer?" Harry shouted over the music.

"Yeah, please." I shouted back.

He led me towards a sofa after we got a beer and introduced me to his friends.

"This is louis" he pointed towards a brunet with memorizing blue eyes. He was fairly shorter than all of them but still taller than me and had the most tattoos which seemed (from what I could see) went from his neck to ankles. "This is Calum" he was taller than Louis yet not as tall as Harry, but then again no one seems to be he's a giant. Out of the group he had the least tattoos with only a few on his chest and one or two on each arm. "And then this is Teddy." She had a piercing on her nose and up her right ear with a sleeve of colourful tattoos on her left arm. Her hair was dyed bright red and up to her ribs and curly.

"Hey, I'm Scarlett" I smiled towards them all; they all returned it apart from Teddy who just rolled her eyes to which made Harry give her a glare. I ignored it and moved on, "you're friends with my brother!" I said to Calum. Back when they were in school they were inseparable even though Luke was older than them all.

"Of course! Scarlett Hemmings!" He laughed, "Jesus, you grew up."

We all talked for a little longer; and by all mean all of us but Teddy who wouldn't even look at me.

BECCA: ARE YOU COMING OR NOT THEN?
SCARLETT: YEAH SORRY TWO SECONDS.

"I should go back to my friends but it was nice meeting you all and seeing you Harry." I waved to them before setting off to find my friends.