Chapter 2

Two Weeks Later

"Dean stop!" You scream, sliding around the Impala, and out of the way of the water's spray. Dean just chuckled, before following you, his weapon of choice, the hose, still dripping in his hand.

"Not until you admit it." He told you, soaking you once again. Squealing, you turned to run, when you find someone else in the bunkers garage with you, Sam. You quickly hide behind him, before answering Dean.

"Never." You yelled, sounding braver than you were.

"Really Y/N, you're going to hide behind Sam? Who says I won't just soak him too?"

Sam, who had just come up to tell you about another case, never stood a chance. You stayed behind him, and stuck your tongue at Dean. Dean smiled, before turning the hose on, blasting you with the high water pressure. Within seconds, Sam was soaked, and Dean had changed the angle enough that you were too.

"Still fighting? Or are you finally going to admit it?" Dean teased you, shutting the hose off, but keeping it in his hands.

Your teeth had started chattering from the cold, and you gave in. "Fine I admit it, are you happy now?"

Sam glanced between his brother and you, confusion etched on his face. "You admit what?"

Looking around for a towel, you were frustrated to notice only small microfiber ones, that were useless for you. "I ate the last piece of pie." You muttered.

"Damn right you did, now you need to make some more." Dean told you, before leaving you and Sam behind in the garage, probably on his way to grab a beer.

"Sorry you got caught in the middle of that." You apologized to Sam, chuckling the water dripping from his hair. His shirt was completely soaked, stuck to his skin. Then you looked at his eyes, and how dark they were as he stared hungrily at the clothes sticking close to your body. Instead of feeling embarrassed at having his eyes on you, you felt bold and wanted, just from his gaze on your wet skin.

"Sam." You breathed, not knowing exactly what you wanted. He stepped closer, raising his hand and wrapping it in your soaked hair, pulling you closer to him. Your lips parted, and your eyes closed, and you waited for the feel of his lips against yours. When it didn't come, your eyes fluttered open, and you looked up, staring into Sam's deeply troubled ones.

"Y/N, we can't." He argued, and you knew he was right. "I can't do this to my brother, no matter how much I want you, he doesn't deserve this."

You watched, as Sam left the garage, leaving a trail of water drops behind him, as tears fell down your face. He was right. You didn't want to do this to Dean either, but it was hard controlling these feelings.

That evening you stayed behind while Sam and Dean went back to the local bar. Changing into sweats, you cuddled on your bed, your head swimming with thoughts.

Dean was your life line, after they had rescued you from the Demons, he had been there for you, a shoulder to cry on, an ear to talk to. Things had moved quickly from friends to more, and you loved every minute of it. You loved Dean so much.

Sam had been there too, but in a more silent and compassionate sort of way. He didn't intrude between you and Dean, but he would often know what you needed or wanted without being asked. He was always silently there for you, and you had grown comfortable with the fact that you could always rely on him, for anything.

Then, one day, Dean had left for the store, and you and Sam were alone in the motel room.

You closed the book you were reading, placing your head against it in frustration. This hunt was going horribly, you had no clue who was behind the killings.

You felt a reassuring hand on your shoulder, and you glanced up into a pair of friendly hazel eyes. "Don't worry Y/N, we will find who is doing this." He reassured you.

"I just feel like such a failure! I can't do anything right, and I seem to hold you and Dean back more than help. I don't know why you guys even put up with me any more! I've been researching this hunt for two days, and do you know what I've found? Nothing!" You cried, as tears of frustration trailed down your face.

Sam unfurled himself from the couch, and strode over to you. Crouching down on one knee, he gently wiped the tears from your face, before cradling your hands in his own.

"Y /Y, don't you dare think that way! You do so much for both Dean and I, we wouldn't be able to get near as much done without you. You are just as important to this team, as Dean or I am. We both love you so much!" He insisted, trying to make you see your own self worth.

You nodded, trying to control your tears. "Thanks for that Sam, I real appreciate it."

He hesitated before reaching up and cupping your cheek, his eyes showing how earnest he was being. "I'm not saying it to placate you, I'm saying it because it's true. Please believe that."

That was the fist time your feelings for Sam were more than friendly. It had confused you, and you pushed them to the back of your mind, concentrating on the hunt.

Cuddling deeper into your blanket, you knew that you needed to make up your mind, that you couldn't be with Dean, while still wanting Sam. That would only create heartache for all of you, and in the long run, you would be the one hurt.

You knew that you weren't being fair to Dean. He was your boyfriend. He made you laugh, and protected you with everything he had. Dean was the one you needed to concentrate your feelings on. You loved him so much.

Tomorrow, you would talk to Sam, and let him know your decision. You knew he would understand, he loved his brother too much too hurt him.

Feeling your eyes get heavy, you let sleep overcome you. However, as your breathing slowed down, you wondered if you weren't making the biggest mistake of your life.