Chapter 3

Waking up to Dean's arms around you, your cheek snuggled into his chest. Yawning, you realized he must have snuck in some time late last night, and was quiet enough to not wake you.

"Morning sunshine." His deep voice said quietly, and you tilted your head to see his green eyes staring down at you.

"What time did you guys get in?" You asked, cuddling closer to him. His arm tightened around you, and you sighed contentedly. This was your favorite time, when you were back at the bunker, and you could spend lazy mornings together.

Dean started running his fingers lightly through your hair, and you could have purred from the feel of it. "Mmm, I'm not sure. I think we stumbled in about 1:30."

Running your fingers up and down his chest, you felt him moan. "You guy don't usually stay out that late."

"Yeah, but Sam seemed pretty down, and was drinking something away. Any idea why? He was pretty tight lipped."

You felt your body tense, before you made yourself relax. "He seemed okay when I talked to him yesterday." You replied.

Dean kissed the top of your head, before sliding out from underneath you. You moaned, instantly missing the heat and comfort his arms offered.

"Dean, come back to bed, please." You begged, wanting your cuddle time to continue.

Dean gave you an apologetic look while pulling on his jeans. "Sorry sweetheart, I wish I could. But Sam said something about a hunt last night, and we need to get started on research."

Once Dean left, you climbed out of bed, and pulled on some jeans and a tshirt. By the time you made your way into the the library, both Sam and Dean were deep into research. Instead of joining them, you made your way into the kitchen, needing coffee to get you going.

Waiting for the coffee maker to work, you poured yourself a bowl of cereal, just as Dean came in. Leaning down, he kissed your cheek, before stealing your bowl of cereal.

"Hey!" You argued, but Dean just gave you one of his adorable smiles, before sitting down and eating your cereal. Knowing fighting was useless, you fixed yourself a cup of coffee instead.

In between shoving bites of food in his mouth, Dean told you about the hunt Sam had found.

"There's been three bodies found so far, each one with their heart ripped out. We're pretty sure it's a simple werewolf hunt."

"So when do we leave?" You asked, before taking a sip of coffee.

"That's the problem, Sam can't go. He had some issues in that town when he was soulless. So we decided that I would go, and you and Sam would do research here."

You placed your cup down, frustrated. "Why do I have to stay back? I could help you." You argued.

He placed the bowl in the sink, before coming and wrapping his arms around you, placing you so your head was cradled against his chest.

"Sweetheart, I know you would be a big help, and it's not that I don't want you to go. But I'm worried about Sam, and I wanted you here to keep an eye on him."

"Fine." You mumbled, still not happy about being left behind.

Dean leaned down, pecking your lips before stepping back. "Don't worry, I should be back tomorrow. I'm going to pack right now." Dean said, leaving the kitchen, just as Sam walked in.

Sam grabbed a cup of coffee, before glancing at you. "Why aren't you packing yet? I thought Dean wanted to leave soon."

"I'm staying behind." you told him, surprising him.

Dean's P.O.V.

I quickly grabbed my bag before walking back down the hallway. I set it down on the table, before making my way back to the kitchen to let Y/N know I was ready. I didn't want to leave her behind, but Sam was worrying me.

Before I could step into the kitchen, I heard raised voices. Sam had joined Y/N in the kitchen, and they were arguing about something. I knew I should head in, but something held me back, and I stayed in the shadows, listening.

"Why are you staying behind?" Sam asked Y/N.

"Dean's worried about you, he noticed somethings off." Y/N replied, and I was curious what Sam's answer would be.

"Of course something is off, I've fallen for his girl!" Sam said, and I stood there in shock. I knew Sam and Y/N were close, but I never realized he might feel something more. I felt sad for Sam, knowing how hard it would be to love a girl who didn't love you back.

"Sam, I was going to talk to you about that this morning. I know I've told you about my feelings, but I don't want to hurt Dean." Y/N's words were like a knife through my heart. I never imagined that she would have the same feelings for Sam.

Not wanting to hear any more, I walked loudly into the kitchen, interrupting what Sam was about to say. He looked guilty, while Y/N just looked sad.

With my heart breaking, I pretended nothing was wrong, as I told each of them goodbye, and walking away.

Y/N's P.O.V.

You decided to be truthful with Sam, telling him exactly why you were staying behind.

Sam set his coffe cup down hard, coffe splashing over the side of the cup. "Of course something is off, I've fallen for his girl!" Sam told you, running his hand through his hair in exasperation.

You hushed Sam, not wanting Dean to overhear. You had wanted to talk to Sam about this, but didn't think now was the best time. "Sam, I was going to talk to you about that this morning. I know I've told you about my feelings, but I don't want to hurt Dean."

You watched as Sam stopped pacing, tears in his eyes as he glanced down at his feet. You knew you had hurt him, but you also knew it was for the best.

Just then, you heard Dean, and his heavy boots, making his way to the kitchen. Sam quickly wiped his eyes, and you grabbed your coffe cup, hoping the both of you were acting normal enough.

Dean came into the kitchen, glancing at both of you with a careful gaze. Your heart caught in your throat as you wondered if he overheard, but then he came over, and wrapped you in a hug. "Be back soon. I love you."

Clapping his hand on Sam's shoulder, he told him to keep you safe, before heading to the door. Glancing back you swore you saw a tear in his eye, but he turned and walked away before you were sure.