Double D couldn't be more thankful to have them as friends.

"What's the deal sockhead? Why're you going home when this is bonehead's last game of the year, hell for our whole high school career? Wouldn't you want to cheer jug head on?" Eddy started, his arms crossed in front of him.

"It's complicated Eddy," Edd mumbled, unsure on what to say. How could he outright say the reason why he didn't want to stay is because he didn't want to see them together? It was so petty, so childish.

"Spit it out Double D," Eddy said, his brow raised.

"It could be the possibility of seeing the two together..." Edd bit back a defeated sigh. There was no escaping Eddy. But that's why he and Ed are his best friends. They knew when something was wrong and knew when to pick at Edd for the answer.

"That blue-haired Kanker and shovel-chin?"

Edd nodded his head.

A little over a month ago, Kevin had informed Edd that he had decided to start seeing Marie and from there, evolved into a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship. It was a definite surprise since the time he's spent with Kevin, she was never to be seen.

But once Edd discovered how prominent she was in his life, he couldn't help but feel a little hurt and upset.

However, as rational as Edd was, he's always told himself that Kevin owed him nothing. He wasn't gay nor would he return any feelings that Edd held for him.

It was only a one-sided relationship and there was nothing else to it than that.

"Seeing that this is his last game and that she is his current love interest, I would imagine that they would both be here." Edd fidgeted. Saying it out loud made him feel so self-conscious, as if everyone else was tuning in to their conversation.

"Sockhead, for someone so smart, you're pretty dumb when it comes to these things. Listen, so what if he has a blue-haired bimbo as his girlfriend, what's important is that you're here to root him on. Hell, I would want you here if it was me," Eddy said, putting his arm around Edd's shoulders.

"Double D, regret not coming to support your friends, not seeing them happy with someone else." Ed added.

"You guys are right! What was I thinking? This is the last game of the season! I'd be mad if I didn't come out for the last time," Edd said, feeling empowered.

His friends were right. He couldn't just abandon a friend, especially Kevin. He had to show his support and if it hurt, then so be it.

"Here's your uniform. Grab as much customers as you possibly can!" Eddy said in a sing-song voice.

Edd smiled, following the two up to the stands. Tonight was going to be a good night. He'll make sure of it.

"Oh, Double D. I want some snacks!" A voice rang out from the crowd.

"Just a moment. I'll be right - " Edd's eyes widened, meeting the gaze of the blue-haired Kanker he was trying to avoid.

"Get lost Kanker, our services aren't available to you," Eddy sneered from behind Edd. He moved, adopting an offensive stance in front of Edd.

"Even if I had a little extra cash to spare?" A small smile played along Marie's lips as she waved three twenty-dollar bills.

"Your money isn't needed," Eddy said without losing a beat.

Edd glanced at Eddy, surprised that he would reject a bountiful offer of cash.

"Eddy, I'll be fine," Edd said reassuringly. Giving Eddy a nod, he made his way towards the pale-skinned girl. How often was it that they would be offered $60 on the get-go?