Thunder & Lightning

By-892

Summary: Kevin is going over to Edd's house to watch a movie, but what happens when a storm starts and thunder's crash?
*****************************
It was already 9:40 of the night, and Kevin knew he was ten minutes late to his movie night over his boyfriends house, so after grabbing his bag with his stuff and the pizza box, he hurridly exited his house, locking behind him, and joged over to Double Dee's house.

It had started to rain, pretty fast and hard, as summer rains start, and it was enough to get him wet and cold before reaching the dorks house.

A few knocks disturbed the sock head while he was pouring some the drinks into the glasses. He gave a quick glance at the clock and frowned at the time.

A certain redhead was going to hear every single word he had to say about punctuality, so after giving a quick glance through the door hole and confirming it was his boyfriend who was at the other side of the door, he opened at the same time he opened his mouth he saw the jock was quite wet because of the storm, seeing he had taken off his jacket to cover the pizza boxes to avoid them getting wet.

Double Dee sighed and made space so Kevin could come in ''I know I'm late, but you gotta know it wasn't my fault, it was the pizza guy who came late'' Said the jock after giving a peck on the cheek to his boyfriend.

He kicked off his shoes and headed to the kitchen while Double Dee went to get him a towel and a dry shirt ''It is still your fault because you did not call for the pizza before thought, I'm sure you waited until the last minute to call, correct me if I'm wrong'' said the nerd as he walked into the kitchen.

Kevin rolled his eyes ''I called at nine and they should've arrived at 9:20, cold pizza doesn't taste good at all, babe'' he said striping off his shirt.

Double Dee let out a small gasp, and turned around hurriedly to cover his face with both of his hands while the heat tinted his cheeks pink.

The jock found this cute, and with a loop sided smirk he approached Edd to slide a hand in his waist ''You don't gotta be shy with me, Dork, it's not like it's the first time you see me shirtless'' he reminded him ''Even if that is the case, Kevin, it is inappropriate for you to undress in the kitchen'' he said as a shudder ran down his spine.

Suddenly the kitchen was filled with white light, just for a second, and accompanied by a loud roar. Double Dee felt how Kevin's hand yanked back suddenly, and was surprised to even hear a small yelp escape from the other boy's lips. He turned around immediately to see the red head with a pale face and a hand gripping hard on the shirt he just took off while the other gripped the counter.

Kevin licked his lips and gave a small nervous laugh ''I was expecting that one...''. Double Dee smiled at that '' me either. Seems like the storm is just right above us considering there's no time difference between the lightning and the thunder. Isn't it fascinating how lightning travels faster than sound?'' He started to rant about lightning's and Kevin rolled his eyes, leaving the wet shirt and pulling over his head the dry one his boyfriend offered ''Well I just hope they don't fall anymore. Not that I'm scared or anything'' He quickly added in the end. Double Dee raised an eyebrow with a confused look. Why did Kevin seem so nervous? He shrugged off the thought and took the tray with two glasses of soda and a bottle to the living room, where they would watch the movies. Kevin followed behind with the boxes of pizza, when another thunder crashed while the light illuminated through the windows. Once again it startled him, and almost made him drop the boxes. For his luck his dork didn't notice, and he exhaled relieved.

Kevin was really hoping the storm would go away soon, just because he didn't want to watch the movie with unnecessary distractions, of course. Why else wouldn't he want a storm? Because storms are so cool, and it's nice to watch a movie and cuddle while it falls, and all that crap people say, right?