"Hahaha,just so you know mate,I think our rooms are right across from eachother.."his steps fading into the grass.I slapped my forehead realizing he probably seen me strip down right in front of him.Suddenly i felt a rush of warmth flood my cheeks at the realization that he was flirting.

I shook my head, whatever,he can flirt however much he wants,I'm not going to buy his stupid stupid hollister model look or bubbly personality.

     Later that night my mom came home from the hospital,which by the way shes a nurse if i hadn't mentioned it yet.I sat at the table studying early for a test i knew was coming up later in the week.I had my hand covering the side of my face ,making sure i wore a long sleeve and sweats to cover up my bruises.She came in the door carrying groceries and had a sweet smile on her face,the kind of smile that made you smile,even if you got beaten to a pulp 5 hours before.

"Aw,my babys studying.Well i never thought id say this but stop studying and go put something nice on ,were having guests over tonight for dinner!!!"she said with excitement as she put the groceries away.I slowly looked up at her and closed my eyes ,letting out a sigh.

"Mom,please don't tell me  you invited over the new neighbors next door ..." i said wincing as her eyes got big when she finally noticed how beaten up i was,she came around the corner and pulled on my sleeves,and noticed the small cut across my bottom lip.

Frowning and shaking her head she went back to prepare dinner,"what happened Micah..do we need to put you on independent study again?" she said sadly as she took a bowl out from the cabinet.I sighed getting up and went to my room,thats just what i needed,him coming over into my house.Its bad enough i have to see him at school,and now he lives next door?I stopped at the top of the stairs for a moment,realizing that maybe he was some sort of stalker.I rolled my eyes,i doubt it,maybe its all just some weird as hell coincedence. I dont believe in fate,or destiny,i dont believe much in friends either.

I walked over into my bedroom and closed the door,and went to my drawer,i looked over through my window and couldnt help but see his room was painted a champagne color,a surf board stood in the corner of his room,he walked around setting his room up and organizing it.I shook my head and sighed,what am i doing?spying on the new guy?great,now im the stalker.

I went over to my closet and decided on a light blue button up,and skinny jeans.I looked around the room and grabbed my suspenders.Turning my music up loud on the radio so itd put me in a better mood,and it did.I clipped the suspenders on and fixed my hair up,and searched through my drawer again for a navy blue beanie.I hadnt dressed like this in awhile,i stopped it when people looked at me all the time.So from then on all id wear is hoodies,and jeans,and a occasional tshirt.But i wanted to be respectful to my mom,so i made sure i looked presentable.Even though i didnt like him,id have to deal with it,thats if i wanted to get through tonight.

I tied my oxfords on and looked in the mirror,i had actually tried my best,and i kinda liked it alittle.

 I heard the door bell ring,my moms voice ringing sweetly from down stairs.She greeted them all and i heard her call my name,I took a deep breath and one last look in the mirror,unbuttoning the top two buttons and gathered my confidence and headed towards the stair way.Making my way down ,my mom was in a dark green floral dress,and she put her arm around me with a smile.

"Micah,this is Mrs. and Mr. Taylor,and their son Andrew"she smiled,"And this is my son Micah"

We all shook hands,and when i say all,i shook his mother and his fathers hand,but i turned to lead them into the dining room before he could lift his hand up to shake mine.Ignoring his wicked smile,I helped my mother set the food on the table.We laughed and conversated about where they were from back in austrailia,and even a few stories of childhood.I didnt look into his eyes once,until his mom  and my own mom started getting into a conversation about their love for Dr.Oz and scrapbooking conventions.I smiled ,pleased to know my mom had a new friend,its always just been me and her,no one else.Dinner was long over and i kept messing with the end of the table cloth repeatedly until his dad mentioned he was leaving ,and then he suggested something i feared the most.

"Hey,why dont you two get out of here,go to the movies or something,im sure you two dont want to sit around listening to their indepth conversation."he handed drew a 20 dollar bill and patted him on the back and kissed his wife good bye and waved to me and my mom before leaving out the door.My mom and Mrs.Taylor got up and started putting away dishes and i still sat there ,refusing to look at him,no matter how childish i was being.

"Hey mate,come on."he smiled at the front door and waved me over.I pushed myself out of the seat and trudged out the front door behind him.

"so what movie you wanna see?"he said as we buckled our seatbelts,i shrugged looking at my house.

He turned the car off and sat back in the seat,folding his arms,i looked over at him,his tan skin glowy "What?"i said

"Whats with you?"he asked his eyes never leaving my own.

"Look im just not much a people person alright,i dont have any fucking friends drew,and i should be asking that,whats with you,whats with you coming to my school,acting like were best of friends,and then not only living next door to me,but now you want to hang out?"i let it out and i didnt feel guilty at all,i didnt care.

"Im just trying to make friends,if you want me to stay away from you,then just say so,you can continue being a loner Micah ,i dont care.but why do you hate me so much?" he said smirking at me.

"i dont,i dont hate you at all..im just not use to this.this whole nice new friend thing,the whole no judging deal."i sighed no longer mad,and the guilt finally rising to the surface."im sorry"

His smile crept back onto his face and he shrugged "its all good man,lets go see a movie yeah?"he started the car and we drove off.The wind blew  through his hair,as he slipped his shades on ,his right hand turning up the music loud,his laugh silenced against the music.But his smile remained white,and just as bright as before.And i couldnt help but laugh along with him.