Chapter 8: Which Side to Choose From

Mabel POV

I threw up my arms to shield me, but I know that wouldn't do much to protect me from the fire ball from Pine Tree. Then it didn't came. I look and I could see Jume right in front of me with a magic shield, which was already broken apart from the blast.

"Jume!" I gasp.

"Ah isn't little boy friend." Pine Tree sneer.

We didn't say anything. "I'll in joy killing you off and putting my sister in a coma." Pine Tree sneer. Then he threw another fire ball. I reach and grab Jume's arm and I could feel more energy flowing and so did Jume. He threw up another shield and the blast hit is and it didn't break.

Then Pine Tree grabs a knife and threw it us. Jume then grab me and threw me to the ground. I'm guessing the shield only works for magic.

"Where are those stun guns?" Jume muttered.

"I don't know! Cade didn't lift the spell...not on us at least." I reply.

Then Jume threw his own spell, I didn't get to see what it was but I could feel the energy. Jume help me up to my feet. I could see Pine Tree lying on the ground and he wasn't moving. "What did you do?" I ask.

"Just hit him hard that is all. He'll be alright." Jume replies as he rushes to Trever.

"Trever." Jume said.

"Lan?" Trever quiver.

"No Jume." Jume corrected him, "Did you tell him where the stone is?"

"N-no. I sorry I didn't believe you."

I came over to Jume's side and I could see what was going on. Trever was bleeding at the knees, feet, shins, arms, right temple, left cheek, out of his mouth and nose, and then I saw that he was bleeding from the side. There was much blood.

"Jume is he going to be alright?" I ask.

"I don't know. I don't know any healing spells." Jume replies.

"Jume..." Trever quiver.

I came up and I kneed be side Trever and I apply presser to his side wound. That was drawing out the most blood.

Trever shakily grab my hand, "I-I'm sorry I didn't believe you....That your brother....is like this."

"It doesn't matter. He is my problem. Now don't talk." I said, "Jume he needs help. Find Cade."

"I'm not leaving you. Your brother might wake up quickly." Jume replies.

"J-Jume." Trever muttered.

Jume kneed down, "What?"

Trever then shakily reach for his chest pocket. Then he pulled out this bracelet with a Dark green stone in it. "Here...The...the stone."

Jume then reach for it then a surprise came. Pine Tree came out of nowhere and swings his knife. Jume saw him at the last second and back away but the knife cut him at the upper chest. It would have been the throat but Jume lean back. Then Pine Tree kicked me in the face. Then Pine Tree grabs the bracelet, "Boy that was easy." He boasted. "Playing dead does really help. No wonder some animals play dead. They don't get eaten and I get the stone."

"You-you monster." Trever muttered. Pine Tree smiled, "Thank you." Then Pine Tree bent down to Trever, "You are going to in joy this. Right now you are drawing out your last breath in just a few breaths. It is a shame though. You don't get to see the uprising of the Nightmare realm and the new king, Bill Cipher. It is a shame."

"Go-go to hell." Then Trever gave out his last breath. Pine Tree gave a dark smile.

For me I could feel my nose bleeding, possibly broken. I was a little stun but I manage to get out of it. I crawled over to Jume. "Jume." I mumble.