36- Forgiveness

He was a coward. He knew that. Harry had been right, telling him what he needed to hear. Remus had last seen his wife over two weeks ago, arguing. And he had left her, for the second time he had given in and ran away. His parents had never left him when he was bitten, they loved him, no matter what. So why had he done that to Dora and his unborn child? He didn't know, but was determined to rectify it as well as he could. And so there he stood; finger on the doorbell and unable to turn away from the door he hadn't seen in fifteen days. He pressed it with a deep breath, listening as a curse word was uttered from inside and he heard something smash. A few seconds later he heard Dora's soft voice from the other side of the wood, tired and thin, "Who is it?"

"A bastard who needs to apologise." He said truthfully, the original speech he had prepared being completely forgotten, "Remus John Lupin, who left the most beautiful woman in the world along with their unborn child. I'm sorry." He finished lamely, biting his lip to hold in tears as the door slowly swung open. Dora was stood in front of him, pale and ill looking. Not even meeting his eyes, she stepped back, letting him enter their house.

As soon as the door clicked shut behind him, Remus felt a gentle hand on his back. Dora pushed him softly through the house, straight into the living room. He turned to face her, but she stepped away, tears rolling down her nose.

"Two weeks." She whispered in a choked voice, "I waited and I hoped. Why did I trust you again? We're in the middle of a war Remus, I can't just forgive and forget."

"I don't know what I was thinking Dora." He whispered, not realising he was crying until he tasted the salt in his mouth, '"I was so stupid. Please forgive me, I know its hard but... I'm begging you."

"I don't know what you were thinking either." She murmured sadly, "I get it that you don't want this child. That you don't want me. I can't do this on my own Rem. I just need to know I have someone. That I'm loved."

"You are loved." He protested, "More than you can possibly imagine Dora Lupin. Please, for me." With a loud sigh, she fell forwards into his arms, crying her eyes out. He held her tightly, rocking her shaking body back and forwards. After a couple of seconds, she took a step back, never looking away from his chocolate eyes. Taking a deep breath, she gently pulled up her baggy jumper, revealing the pale skin of her stomach below. It took Remus a few seconds to understand, but when he did, his heart leapt. Just visible was the slight curve of her abdomen, barely noticeable, but there. Remus moved in and gently dropped to his knees, pressing his shaking lips to the top of the small bump. Dora gasped in surprise, her heart skipping a beat.

"Its okay little one." He said against her smooth skin, "Daddy's here now. And I'm never leaving you again. I promise." Dora gently smoothed out his messy hair, pulling her jumper up and over her head, leaving her in a slight crop top so that her hands were free. Remus looked up at her, their eyes meeting as understanding flowed from one to the other. He held her tight, that's all he wanted, nothing more than what he had already given her. He wanted to be the man who touched her soul more than her body.

*

He had his head leant down on her gently moving stomach, moving in rhythm with her soft breaths. Her fingers twirled in his hair, absent mindedly massaging his scalp with her nails. His feet were hanging off the end of the small bed, socks still on.

"We really ought to think about names." Dora broke the peaceful silence, looking down at her husband who was almost asleep, "Do you think it'll be a girl or boy?"

"I don't mind." He murmured, sitting up a bit more, pushing himself up her body until their faces were level, "They'll always be as perfect as you."

"I hope they get your eyes. And your lips." She gently stroked along his mouth, moulding them into a pout. Remus chuckled softly at her, his hand covering the slight bump where he knew their son or daughter was developing to be just as faultless as the woman he had fallen so head over heels in love with.

"I hope they get your personality. And your smile, your beautiful, cheeky smile." He said softly, "Then they can be just as perfect as their mother."

"I love you." She whispered, a blush lighting up the edges of her cheeks. His hand tucked her hair back behind her ear, lips meeting passionately with hers at the same time. The weeks away had only increased his desperate longing to feel their bodies together. She kissed back, moving closer to his chest with a bright smile on her hollow looking face. As they pulled apart, Remus gently returned to his original position, head on her bare stomach and body following through the path of her slender legs.

"Thank you Remus." Dora said aloud after a few seconds of silence, smoothing out the mess she had made of his sandy blonde hair.

"What for?" He replied nervously, looking up at her but still not leaving where he lay.

"Coming back." She whispered, still absent mindedly playing with his lips and hair, "I missed you. And I forgive you."

A.N-

I didn't mean it to sound that suggestive I promise. If anything I wanted it to sound the other way round but too late now. Thanks for reading and can I just say one last thing?
Yay they're back together!!!!
Thank you

Rhea
--x--