Convincing My Boyfriend's Father- Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Isabelle’s POV

“Just tell him I’m not here.” I mouthed to Mandy.

She pressed her lips together and muffled the phone with her hand. “Why?”

“Just do it, Mands.”

“But…He really sounds worried, Iz.”

I looked away from her, staring hard at the ground as a guilty feeling made my stomach churn. “I’m sure he does.”

Mandy gave me one last pleading look until she let out a sigh. “Fine.” She pulled her hand away from the phone. “She isn’t here, Ash. I’m sorry.” She paused a moment, taking in his next words. “I will. I’m sure you’ll find her. Bye.”

I lifted up my knees onto the bed and rested my chin on it.

“Don’t you want to know what he at least said to tell you?”

I gave her a look that said that I could care less.

She continued anyways. “He said to tell you that he loves you.”

I felt tears spring to my eyes and wiped at them angrily. Mandy noticed this and hurried over to me, throwing a soothing arm over my shoulders. “I love him too.” I finally whispered.

“Then why are you hiding from him, Iz?”  Mandy asked me. “Why are you hurting him—“

“Because I’m hurt too!” I cried, my voice rising higher than intended. Taking a deep breath, I lowered my voice back into a whisper. “Because I’m hurt too, Mands.”

She pulled me into her arms and let me rest my head on her chest. “But he wasn’t the one who hurt you, though. It was his father.”

“Yeah, but what his father said was true. That explains why no one called me even though they had my phone number memorized. They knew my address. They had every way possible to contact me but never did.”

“I’m sure there was a reason.”

“Yeah and the reason Keith so kindly gave me is that they never gave a flying fuck about me.”

“Don’t say that.”

“Why not? It’s true.”

“No it isn’t, Iz.” Mandy argued. “Ash loves you.”

“Yeah. Now. Probably not then.”

We heard the shower shut off and then saw Seb emerge from the bathroom, a towel hung low around his waist. I jumped up out of Mandy’s warm arms and ran towards the bathroom, shoving him out of the way in the process. “Why does it take you so long to shower, Seb? I needed to pee!” I screamed at him, slamming the bathroom door shut behind me.

Sebastian’s POV

“She still moody?” I asked Mandy.

She nodded sadly. “Yep. It seems like Ash’s father led her to believe no one cared about her.”

“Hmm.” I came over to her and took a seat beside her. “How Ash taking her disappearance? Has he called for her yet?”

“Yeah.” She answered. “And she told me to tell him that she’s not here.”

“She’s stubborn.” I sighed. “She knows she loves him, so what’s the problem?”

Mandy shrugged. We grew silent for a moment before she started to speak again. “You look really hot right now.”

I smirked and leaned over to kiss her. She wrapped her small arms around my neck and I softly pushed her onto the bed, with her beneath me. She playfully bit at my bottom lip, causing our kissing to become more hungrier. I felt my towel slip off of me, but could care less.

“Hey, guys. This hotel has very nice soap—Ahh!”

Mandy and I spun around to find Izzy cover her eyes with her hands. “Shit.” I muttered, fumbling to pull on my towel.

“Way to moon me, Seb!” She shouted and burst into laughter.

I slipped off of Mandy and took a seat back onto the bed. “Why are you laughing, Iz?”

“Because,” She laughed some more. “I can see why Mandy likes you. You have a nice ass.”

“Isabelle Katherine Johnson!” Mandy squealed and threw a pillow at Izzy. I glanced over at her to find her blushing like crazy.

When the pillow collided with Izzy, she was knocked onto her butt still snorting away. “What? It’s not like I couldn’t not look at it! It was right in my face!”

“Still!”

Izzy struggled to her feet and rubbed her butt with a pained look on her face. “Ow. When did you grow some muscles, Mands? That throw could’ve knocked out Hulk Hogan. Argh.”

I couldn’t help but laugh at that.

Ash’s POV

I shut my phone and threw it across the room. My father suddenly came out from one of the hallways, eyeing the phone I threw and then me. “Seems like that didn’t go too well.” He grinned, taking a sip from his coffee cup.

I glared at him, wanting to say something back but thought better of it. I’m not going to stoop to his level.

“Oh. Are you still mad at me?”

“I’m not talking to you.” I told him.

“Why not?” He asked. “All I did was get rid of a problem. I never liked her too much anyways. And you should always put the company first—“

“I’m not putting some stupid company first, dad!” I shouted at him. “I’m not doing what you did all your life.”

“Ah. Well, that’s a shame.” He didn’t seem at all offended, which kind of disappointed me a bit. All he did was walk over, picked up my phone, and came over and held it out to me. “You might want to keep this. You never know if that girl is going to call you and say she’s leaving the state or something.”

“She wouldn’t do that.”

“Possibly. But you can never be too sure.”

I gave him another glare and snatched my phone from out of his hand. “Well, I am sure.”

---------------------------------------------------

Pretty short. I know. Sorry about that. I just wanted to get something in. A longer one should be posted in a couple of days if I'm not too lazy to do it :)

Oh! And check out my other story, Ability School! It's actually pretty good. And I think it's more well written than some of my other works :)

Have a good day!