Chapter Seven: Togetherness

Two Weeks Later....

"No!"

"Ha, I beat you!"

"Awww, I lost!"

"Good game, Mark."

Ever since that day in the hospital, Candace and I have been even closer. She's been coming over daily to play video games with me, make out...We've even planned to make a video together for YouTube.

"I love you," she says, sitting in my lap and gazing at me dreamily.

"Love you, too," I say smiling. Then I kiss her.

Suddenly, my phone buzzes on the table next to us. I regrettably break the kiss and check it. It's a text from Jack. It says, 'Mark, wher ya been?'

I unwrap my arms from around Candace and text back, 'I'm busy.'

I set the phone down on the table again. I look at Candace and smile, "Now, where were we?"

She smiles back and replies, "Right about here." She kisses me passionately.

But again, our tender moment is interrupted by my phone buzzing.

I break away again, sighing heavily. "It better be important, Jack," I murmur to myself. Even Candace looks disappointed.

I pick up the phone and read the message: 'I'm comin up tomorow.'

'What is that supposed to mean?' I text back.

Instead of reply in a text, he calls me. My Warfstache ringtone rings loudly. I look at Candace apologetically, but she nods, "It's okay." She gets off my lap and walks across the room. She gazes out the window distantly.

I sigh and answer the phone, "Jack, what the hell do you want? I said I'm busy!"

He's taken aback, "Whoa, Mark, what the fauck is up with you?"

I can tell he's angry, but so am I, "I-" I try to think of something to say that won't piss him off, "I'm at a date!"

"What??" Jack yells into the phone, "you have a girlfriend? Since when?"

"Since none of your business!" I yell back.

"Oh, come on, I want to meet her!"

"No, Jack, you can't."

I hear him snicker, "Too late, Markimoo, I'm already on a plane heading to LA."

This bothers me, but there's nothing I can do about it now, "Fine. Call me when you get here."

"Geez," Jack gasps, "You sure gave up easy! You must really love her."

I catch Candace looking my way as I respond, "Yeah. I do."

"Okay, I'll call you when I get to California," Jack says.

"Kay, bye," I hang up.

I stroll over to Candace and wrap my arms around her waist. "Who was that?" she asks.

I clear my throat and answer, "Jack's coming up to LA."

"Aww, that's nice," she remarks, smiling out the window. Then she looks up into my eyes.

"What?" I gaze into her beautiful green eyes.

"Nothing, just...." She stops for a moment, "You just seemed mad at him is all."

"Well, he interrupted us!" I try to reason with her, though knowing she'll understand.

And she does, "Don't worry, it's okay. We'll have plenty of time until he gets here." She turns herself around in my arms and faces me.

"I love you," she mutters, not giving me time to answer back before she places her lips to mine in the sweetest kiss we've had so far. I smile against her kiss.

"What?" She breaks away, framing my face with her hands.

While I'm trying to come up with an answer that won't sound weird, she rubs her hands across my scruffy chin, where my beard could be.

"I don't know," I finally admit, "Any other girl would act different around me, I guess."

She raises an eyebrow in mock surprise, "Oh really?"

I laugh it off, "Well, it doesn't matter anyways, because you're the only one for me."

"Awww," she makes a face of adoration and kisses me again.

"I love you," she says against my lips.

A helicopter buzzes by outside the window, so we take it to the bedroom. We cover up together, feeling each other's body heat and kissing until she falls asleep in my arms.