No wonder Anna had been acting strange around James. Ever since they were in first year Remus had realised that Anna had a secret crush on James. Whats more shocking is that no one else noticed except him. This time, its more obvious then usual.

He sighed. Didnt Anna know that James is in love with Lily? Maybe thats why she had been trying to avoid James the whole day. Remus felt sorry for Anna. Sometimes even he was a bit angry at James. Lily clearly doesnt like him. Everyone knows Lily had a crush on someone else. We just dont know who. James is so obsessed with Lily that he didnt realise there is a much more nicer and better girl for him.

James is blinded.

End of POV

Dumbledore's speech and the sorting ceremony finally finished and they were to retreat to their own dorms. Today, Anna had to show the first years the dorms while Lily and Alice had a hallway patrol so that no first years were lost. Marlene had something to talk to Professor McGonagall which when Anna asked what she didnt tell her. Saying thats its very secret.

"First years follow me!" Anna shouted while stood up and started walking out of the Hall. A lot of first years quickly got up and followed her. She let Dibbles off her arms so that the cat could walk by himself. Dibbles is a very smart cat. He always follows Anna wherever she goes. "Quickly quickly up the stairs!" Anna shouted again. The first years climbed the stairs clumsily. Anna chuckled. It feels like deja vu. She was like that when she first come here.

"Careful. The stairs changes." She warned the first years. Suddenly their 'journey' was blocked by some troublemaker seniors from Gryffindor, her own house. "Anna! So you were made prefect now. This is bad we wont be able to mess about now I guess." They all laughed. Anna rolled her eyes. "Boys step aside please." She said as the first years were all looking a little scared.

"Oh dont worry kids we dont bite. Not you guys that is. We would love to bite Anna though. But she has so many bodyguards around her we couldnt make a single move." The senior boys again laughed. Everyone had always thought Anna was so nice. Even if people tease her she didnt took it seriously and acted like it was more of a joke. Anna grinned. "You might be able to make a move if you dont make any stupid troubles this year that could lead to decrease of house points."

The boys smirked. "Oh we sure will." One of the boys said as they moved aside allowing Anna and the first years to pass. Scaring some of the kids while they passed. Anna shook her head and let out a soft chuckle. They arrived at the fat lady painting. The first years stare in awe.

"My Anna! What a pleasant surprise. A prefect now! I always knew you would do just fine." She said. Anna laughed. "Thank you." The fat lady bowed. "Well even though you're a prefect, password is still password." Anna smiled. "Wickensmith." She said loud enough so that the first years would hear it too. The painting opened and they all went in.

"Your trunks had been loaded upstairs. Ladies on my left and boys on my right. Welcome to Gryffindor." They clapped their hands and started walking upstairs to their own rooms. Sighing, Anna sat down on the couch in the common room. She saw Dibbles running around chasing a ball of yarn. Dont know where it came from and didnt care.

"Hey annie!" She heard James called her. Anna's stomach tightened. She gulped. "Oh hey." She saw James slowly made way and sat next to her. "Wheres Evans?" Anna blinked. "She had prefect duty. Patrolling the hallway with Marlene." James nodded. "Oh. Remus had a patrol too."

"So wheres sirius?" Anna asked. She saw James smirked at the corner of her eyes. "He got in trouble." Anna chuckled. "Obviously. Im surprised you didn't get caught." James laughed. "Oh I have my ways." He winked at Anna causing Anna's cheeks to flush. She turned away and looked at Dibbles. Clearing her throat, she pardon herself to return to her room. James pouted.

"So soon? Oh come on Annie Im all alone now. Even peter is nowhere to be found. Keep me company for a while."

Anna bit her lips. "Cant James. I really have to go. Lots of prefect stuffs and Im pretty tired." She said. Her voice a bit shaky. This is the first time she ever said no to James. Of course, James didnt buy her excuse and of course he would notice something's wrong. But before he could utter a word Anna had quickly ran back to her room. She groaned and lept into her bed. Shes very sure her heart is going to explode now. Not to mention her face feels very hot.

A sudden knock on the door startled Anna. She slowly went to open the door. It was James. Holding Dibbles in his hands. "I dont know whats up with you today. But I dont want to bother you. You can tell me anytime you felt like it but Anna love you cant neglect Dibbsy can you." James grinned. Anna couldnt help but smile back. She felt ashamed of herself for being so engrossed in making her 'plan' work. James really liked to nickname anything that is related to her. Including her own name.

"Sorry. Thanks." She mummbled. James laughed. "Its okay love. One can never get mad at you really. Youre so breakable." He said in a soft voice. His eyes were gentle as he looked at Anna like Anna was somekind of his precious belonging making Anna flustered. "Potter! What are you doing here? Are you bothering my baby Annie?" Lily's voice rang through the whole room.

James laughed Anna's favourite laugh. "Oh I would never bother Anna. By the way, hi Evans! I missed you." Lily rolled her eyes as she pushed James away and walked into the room. "Yeah whatever." She said before closing the door with a bang. Anna felt sorry for James. Lily was a little harsh. But she felt sorry for herself even more though.

Lily suddenly pulled Anna to the side and started to talk in a low voice. "So Ive heard." Anna raised an eyebrow. "Heard what?" She asked. Lily giggled. "I heard that you're now the girlfriend material of Hogwarts." Anna stared at Lily as if Lily was some kind of maniac. "Lils what are you talkin about?" Lily laughed. "Oh you really dont anything do you?" Anna shook her head.

"What I meant is most of the boys in this school seems to had their eyes on you." Anna scratched her head. "Why?" She asked. Still confused.

Marlene and Alice barged into the room and jumped on both Lily and Anna. They all laughed.

"Becauuseeee the more Anna grew up the more she became so ladylike. Not to mention shes a beauty." Alice said making Anna roll her eyes. Just as she was about to protest, Marlene interrupted. "Beauty and smart and soft and gentle."

"And nice and angel-like and also Anna is now a prefect." Lily continued. "Making herself almost perfect." Anna snorted. "Oh come on guys. Im not everything you just said. Im really just a nerdy girl who fell in love with-"Anna quickly stopped herself. She had almost said James. "With?" Alice asked. All three of them were looking at Anna. "Uhh in love with books. And cats."

They looked at her curiously. Anna cursed. She had made a stupid move. But luckily she was safe. For now. They heard Professor McGonagall asking the students to go to bed. They quickly got ready for bed and fall into deep slumber.