Chapter Thirty Seven

-Niall's POV-

I cuddled Christine in my arms as I listened to the rain outside. Tomorrow evening we'll be leaving for Australia. I've booked our jet and the accommodation was helped booked by a few contacts of mine.

"Hmm..." Christine groaned as I stroked the hair behind her ear. "Niall?"

"Yes darlin'?" I whispered as she kissed my chest and slowly turned her back to me.

"Can I, have a rub?" Smiling at her tired tone, I whispered a 'yes' and pulled her singlet up on her back.

Her warm skin met my fingers as I watched in the dark -though I couldn't really see anything- as I gave her a backrub.

She groaned in appreciation as I kissed her shoulder and rested my face in her hair. Slowly as Christine began falling asleep, I ran my hands around her stomach and pulled her closer.

My chest moulded her back as I pushed a leg through hers.

"Christine," I whispered though there was no response, telling me she was asleep, "I think I'm falling for you Christine."

• • •

It was around six o'clock this morning and I found myself sitting on the couch with William. He was strangely still trying to wake up, so he was snuggled against my side as he watched kid shows I put on for him.

The phone was in my hands as I scrolled through my Twitter. Nothing really popped out for me until I saw a comment on one of my posts.

Niall !!!! Briana neeeeds to be shut downnn! Shes talking sh***t xx

What? What was Brianna talking about? Opening my search tab, I typed in 'Brianna Dina' and clicked on her profile. Her latest tweet had my blood beginning to boil.

@BriLovesDi

Does she honestly think she can replace me? Sticks and stones may break my bones but bricks are hard to conquer.

That was an indirect tweet to Christine, I knew it was. So I've did the stupidest thing and made an indirect tweet back.

@niallhoran

shes all i want. shes all i need. sorry i cant hear ya over your jealousy. xx

Posting that online, I picked up William and carried us back into my room. Christine was fast asleep as I put William down next to her chest. He crawled over and grabbed her arms as she groaned.

"Hmm." Christine blinked back and tiredly half opened her eyes to then pull against her. He was quick to snuggle into her as she secured him in her arms.

The moment was perfect. I had to take a photo.

Bringing my phone up, I faced the lense at the two before snapping a few shots. Perfect.

Saving it away into my phone, I placed it on the side table and sat beside them. My hand reached out and stroked Christine's hair as I just admired her.

She was a brilliant at looking after William. And she was understanding when it came to us. Christine knew than I just wanted to be friends and I was thankful that she didn't push anything.

Of course right now though, all I want is for her to do all that cute relationship shit with me. Cuddle, share food, kisses. Fuck, she's the best girlfriend I've had so far and it hasn't been a week.

My phone then began to vibrate as I lingered a kiss on Christine's head and reached out for it. Without looking, I answered the call.

"Hello?" It was quiet on the other side as I stood and yawning.

"Niall." My body tensed at the voice and my eyes narrowed. "I-"

"No." I hissed causing Christine to stir; so I took this 'call' outside. "How dare you call me after what you did!"

"You weren't there! Baby I-"

"Don't call me that!" I snapped. "What happen between us was a mistake Brianna. So-"

"So William was a mistake?" I felt my nostrils flare at the courage she had to ask that.

"I didn't say that."

"Well that's what you were insinuating."

"J-just," this girl was going to make me mental, "just shut up!" Her end went quiet again as I ran a hand through my hair and made my way into the kitchen.

"I still love you." She mewled as I growled taking out the loaf of bread from the freezer.

"Well I don't love you."

"Oh come on Niall! You can't say that you're not hurting just as much as me!" Smacking the bread on the bench, I hunched over and tried to calm my heavy breathing.

"You hurt me Brianna."

"I knew you were hurting! So why don't we-"

"Because I've found somebody else." It was like I could taste the distaste on her side of the phone call.

"Christine Andrew." She sneered.

"Yes. I'm with Christine now, and she makes me happy."

"Oh fucking be real Niall! You honestly think she likes you for you? I know girls like her. She's using you Niall! Probably for attention or something. But me, I understand. And we gotta stick together." She began rambling shit the made my stomach weak to a point where I felt I needed to puke.

"Goodbye Brianna." And with that, I hung up. Slamming my phone down, I leant my elbows on the bench and held my face in my hands.

A soft pair of arms then wrapped around me from behind making me flinch. Lips kissed my shoulder multiple times as I relaxed looking back at Christine.

"Don't let them bother you." She whispered in her dark morning voice. "Whoever it is, fuck em'."

A smile took on my lips as I secured our hands together.

"Alright darlin'."

ParentingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara