Chapter 1: Summer Break

"...and then, there was a long, black tendril sliding up the petite legs of the helpless girl on the leaf-covered ground. She tried her best to scurry away in protest, only to be pulled-"

A scream erupted from the desk beside mine, and the drawing I was currently sketching was ruined by the sudden jolt of the table. Hitting the pencil down on the table, my eyes found the innocent mint greens of my friend, who held a semi-apologetic face when she turned to look.

"Do you mind, Asia?" I chided, the corner of my right eye twitching slightly as I rubbed the pencil on my temple. Peaking underneath my thick lashes, she pouted in my way.

"But Myyyy, I was just telling our classmates about our famous myth in Mount Chase! They don't believe me though," Asia huffed as the crowd surrounding our desks snickered.

"Of course they don't believe you, it's just an old wives tale! What are you, an old wife?"

There was a moment of silent before a burst of laughter in the class, just like any other day in Dexter Regional High. Asia was red in the face at first before she joined the little rejoice of ours. "You're right, there's no such thing as Slenderman. Who am I kidding?"

My features twisted in approval, smiling at Asia as the students began scampering back to their seats since the Physics teacher entered the classroom. Asia forced the notebook off my hands and stuffed it underneath my table, urging me to pay attention to class.

Leaning my head on a pale hand, I focused out the windows instead. Instead of paying attention the lesson, I daydreamed about what Asia and I would be doing after school today. It was the last day of school before summer break tomorrow, and a faint smile tugged on the end of my lips.

***

Time passed as Asia and I took our seats on our usual table at the back of the cafeteria. The both of us had our lunch with us, which is a good thing because the cafeteria food here is nasty. No lie. Asia's nose scrunched up in distaste as she stared at the tray full of disgusting slop on the table next to us.

"I haven't eaten my food yet and I already feel like throwing up," Asia groaned dramatically, placing a hand on her forehead.

"It's not so bad as the meatloaf we had on Thursdays."

A masculine voice interrupted as my head slowly raised from my homemade tuna sandwhich. A smile etched on my lips as the figure slid into the empty seat next to Asia.

"Hey Tim, what brings you here to Asia?" I teased. Asia throw a gaze of disgust, and a beautiful french fry, my way. I smirked, grabbing a handful of fries off her lunch box and stuffing it into my mouth, totally forgetting that Tim was staring for a moment.

Tim's mouth slightly agaped, staring at me as I stuffed more and more food into my mouth. "You're going to be very full at this rate..."

"No I'm not, I have an appetite of a Godzilla, trust me," I replied, pointing a fry at Tim, "This tank still have more space you know."

"I'm not very sure that small stomach of yours can hold all that food."

"Sure she can! Maia can hold an entire all-you-can-eat buffet if you let her," Asia chimed as she chew on a curly fry.

I laughed, nodding my head in agreement as Tim shook his head in disapproval. Girls constantly threw looks at our table, glaring with those envious eyes. Most of the time, I either throw them a smug look or completely ignore them. It's part of a condition when being friends with It Boy Timothy Wright.

Yeah sure, Timothy is a very, very, handsome guy. With chocolate brown locks and sideburns, which girl won't fall for him? But honestly, he's just like any other guy. Just another smart, quirky and fun guy.

Asia twiddled with her fingers openly, avoiding any eye contact with Tim. Her eyes constantly flit somewhere, anywhere, but Tim. I winked her way as I stood up from my seat.

"If the both of you can excuse me, I'll be heading off first. You two can act chummie while I'm gone, you know where to find me," I beamed.

Asia paled like I've told her that I was leaving her in an unknown country all alone. I winked as her mouth moved to protest, but Tim beamed happily, "Sure, I'll keep Asia company."

I waved at the both of them as I threw away my lunch in a nereby bin and walked out of those double doors, leaving the two to...things. Eh, what would I know they'd do?

***

Finally, school ended and summer break is here. My foot was out of the school as I breath in the scent of fresh Delphiniums and Freesias. A smile broke as Asia and I walked side by side to our cars. The white Lamborghini was before me, and I almost teared at the sight.

"Betty baby!" I squealed as I hugged the lovable white car. It took my entire life savings, and some begging from my parents, to get this car. I wiped the happy tears from my eyes as I got in.

Asia was in her own Jaguar. She did the 'call me' sign before driving off first down the opposite lane. Starting the engine, I took a good look around the school. This is the end of our sophomores, and its time to grow up.

When that time comes to grow up, I will. But for now, I'm just going to enjoy myself.