Primadonna

"So, now that you have your coffee, are you done with your temper tantrum?" Spencer joked from the driver's seat, glancing over at his best friend, who was scowling in his direction.

"Actually, yes. I am. Thanks for asking." Brendon retorted.

"Yikes- whatever you say." Spencer mumbled, and he could barely finish before Brendon was talking again.

"Am I a dick? Like, really, am I just an asshole?" Brendon asked seriously.

"I wouldn't say that. But if you want me to be honest, you can be kind of a diva." Spencer shrugged. "Like you just were to that guy, for example. You went total spoiled celebrity on him."

Brendon couldn't really argue with that, because he did. The guy put him in his place though, that's for sure. Dallon- that was his name. He never remembers a fan's name, but a barista making minimum wage calls him out and he can't forget it. That, and it was a unique name. He liked it, even though the guy who it belonged to probably didn't like him all that much. Not probably, he definitely didn't. It's kind of common sense that when you're a dick to someone, they aren't going to be crazy about you. Dallon was probably glad when he left. Maybe he'd see Brendon's face in a magazine a few days later and roll his eyes.

"B, dude," Spencer said, nudging Brendon's shoulder.

Brendon shook his head, blinking a few times and looking out the window. They were out in front of his apartment building, which apparently Spencer had been trying to tell him.

"Shit- sorry," He laughed, opening the car door. "Thanks for the ride, again."

"No problem, man, see you in a week." Spencer smiled before driving off.

Being on tour was exhausting, sure, but it became such a routine that Brendon didn't really know what to do when he got a break. He always ended up sleeping in just to pass the time and watching shitty tv shows while he was awake. Spencer actually had plans every time, because he had a girlfriend. He spent every minute back in Vegas with her, and Brendon spent them alone, without his best friend or a girlfriend. Not that he wanted a girlfriend. It'd just be nice to have someone there. It's funny, really. You'd think he had all the friends he could ever want- maybe even too many. It was kind of lonely though. You know, when he wasn't surrounded by screaming fans.

Sometimes he thought dating someone would be nice. Just to have someone that was always there- someone who loved him- other than Spencer, of course. He didn't have time though, or the patience, to form that kind of relationship. That was always his excuse.

When he got up to his apartment, he headed straight for the trash can in the kitchen, empty cup in hand. He stopped though when he caught a glimpse of the slanted writing. It got him thinking about the guy at the coffee shop again. That was nice, he thought. It was nice to be treated like a real person. That very rarely happened anymore, because everyone's always so starstruck by him. Not Dallon though. He was very far from starstruck, and Brendon liked that. He liked Dallon. So much so that he was still thinking about him ten minutes later. He kept thinking about why he said, and how it might just have been exactly why he needed to hear. If even Spencer agreed that Brendon was kind of a dick, then it must be true. He kind of wanted to thank that tall guy who made his coffee for opening his eyes to this, actually. And also maybe get to know him a little and learn how to be a normal person who isn't a dick. Dallon probably knew a lot about that, Brendon thought. Again, he did make coffee for a living. That was pretty normal, and normal things suddenly really intrigued Brendon. Or maybe it was just Dallon that intrigued him.

As much as Brendon enjoyed his life as a charming teen idle, and getting everything he wanted, he longed for that normal lifestyle. Just to know what it was like. It was the one thing jthat couldn't be bought or handed to him. It was almost like he wanted to be Dallon. Or just be with him.