Chapter 2

I turned back around in the seat evidently he seen the shock look on my face because he asked "Are you iight ma?" I nodded my head yea and he pulled off "where you live"he asked I hesitated and thought shit fuck it he from the hood just like me. "grove hill." I replied "I was raised around grove hill you do look kinda of familiar whats your name?" He asked "crem'e." I said he had this strong look on his face like he was thinking "you probably knew my brother,Kayon." I said interrupting his thought. "Kayon oh the one who got killed on arch?" Yea I said looking down sadly and he raised my chin up making me face him "look don't,worry we,got them niggas who did dat shit and believe it or not we was close ma." He said "well since,you was so close to him why didn't go to the funeral or come by the house?" I said " I was hurt ma thats why but who you think been paying your rent and putting money and the mailbox." I looked at him and said "look I thought the rental office felt sympathy for us but the money and the mailbox I never recieved." I said he looked at me while turning down grove hill "what the hell,you mean I been doing it since your brother died because he told me if something was to ever happen to him to,take care of you but I just didn't,know who,you was so I just put,the,money in the mailbox " he said angrily " shit my my mama must've been going to the mailbox that explains why I haven't,been getting mail for the past TWO YEARS." I said we pulled up in front of my apartment building "well since I know who you is now our just,give the money to you." I shook my head and said "i've been taking care of myself since I was 15 years old and I can do the same now I,got out the car and went and the house and got in the shower....