When my eyes made contact with my phone, William sneered.

"Risking collapsing because of a phone that never rings fucktard?" He shook his head. "Pathetic".

I walked over to grab my phone.

He looked me up and down. "Why do you look less ugly than you normally do?"

That hit a spot. I had tried to look appealing that day, styling my hair differently and wearing nice clothes. I'd even brushed my thick eyebrows! Obviously it hadn't worked. I still looked ugly according to William, only less than usual. Did Lucas think so too, that I was ugly? I suddenly didn't feel like going anymore.

I didn't say anything to William. I never really said anything to him when he insulted me. He still picked on me anyway. Insulting me and making me feel worthless was satisfying for him.

I walked out of the kitchen and hoped Lucas hadn't messaged me while my phone was across William. He hadn't. However, he did when my phone was in my hand.

L: Hey honeybun. Are you ready?

I'd been thinking of not going anymore. Now I wasn't sure. It was so frustrating. Before I could answer, Lucas sent two successive messages.

L: I can't wait to see your beautiful face and sexy body.

L: And well, hear your voice. *closed eyes emoticon* Now I feel like some pervert.

I giggled quietly. He had just erased my doubts with two messages. Well, the first one did the trick really.

N: I can't wait to see you too. I'm ready

L: Great! I'm on my way. Start moving your sexy butt. I'm close

N: Alright. See you just now.

I got to my room and grabbed my bag from the bed, zipping it hastily. I hoped no one searched me because it didn't contain any books. I hoisted it behind me and walked downstairs.

William wasn't there when I went down, but mom was.

I kissed her on the cheek. "See you later mom".

She smiled her goodbye, and then remembered something. "Did you take your EpiPen?"

I grinned. "It's in my bag. You should stop worrying so much".

"Well, there's dust in the library, and probably cockroaches", she said.

I shook my head while smiling; assuring her I would be fine. She finally smiled and I walked out.

The sun was out. It wasn't too hot. I enjoyed it as it touched my skin, knowing later on it would be really hot. I walked to the next street and got nervous with each step. Lucas still gave me butterflies. We hadn't talked much face-to-face so I wondered how that was going to be. Would he find me boring? On WhatsApp I had a chance to think about my answer.

My phone beeped.

L: I love the view from here. Stop right there.

I looked around. I hadn't been aware he was around. I saw his car. He was driving slowly, probably scanning to see if anyone who knew him was around. I stopped walking and nervously tugged at my schoolbag straps. His car came to a stop before me.

He motioned for me to get in on the front passenger side. I did so quickly. I noticed he was wearing sunglasses. They looked really good on him.

"Hey honeybun", he said smiling.

"Hey"

"Let's get out of here", he said. He meant those words because when the car started moving, it felt like it would take off into the sky any moment.