Will you dance with me?

Start from the beginning

"Oh mom. You gotta see Berk right now. Ya won't recognise the place." Hiccup said excitedly as he handed a wicker plate to Elsa. They ere cooking fried fish on a platter as hiccup's parents were catching up with each other. "Where we used to build weapons, we now build saddles , wing slings, we-we even fix dragon teeth!" He added in matter of fact kind of way as elsa nodded , agreeing. She played along as she had never seen hiccup so happy before and loved seeing it. Stoick chimed in, wiping a plate with a cloth. "Aye. Val, you son's changed Berk for the better. We even have a beautiful daughter-in-law now. " . He nodded at elsa , who blushed slightly. " I think we did good on this one ,Val. " he finished as he looked at his wife. Elsa noticed that Valka was merely staring at the floor as she worked, nodding to everything they both were saying."thanks dad!" Hiccup exclaimed cheerfully . Valka picked up a plate before dropping the fishes on the floor , her hands trembling. Cloudjumper swallowed it up as toothless eyed him reproachfully. The dragon looked at the nightfury before coughing up a few saliva covered remains. Toothless swallowed it up, relishing, as Elsa's face contorted in disgust. Gobber began chuckling at her. Valka whispered "I'm. ..uh ...A little out if practice. .." Stoick chuckled as he said. " well...you know... I didn't marry you for yer cooking." Elsa looked at him, a surprised smile in her face. She had never seen the king if berk act so sheepish and so....well. ..Hiccup-like since she had met him Gobber nudged her and whispered. "I hope not.. her meatballs could kill more beasts than a battle ax." He patted his bulging stomach as he added " still got a few knocking around in here.". Elsa giggled silently. She and gobber were sitting around a bonfire that cloudjumper had lit , as hiccup and his parents were cooking and serving them. Elsa had insisted on helping them but Stoick rebuffed her and forced to sit down as the guest. She looked up at the family as hiccup began excitedly." And once you move back in with all your dragons, oh Drago won't even stand a chance of fighting back. Everything will be O-kay !" Elsa noticed that Valka wasn't looking at anyone's eyes as she handed her the chocolate she had made for her (hiccup had told them that Elsa's weakness was chocolate). Stoick stopped his son from rambling on " Slow down, son. It's a lot for her to take in. " Elsa looked, amazed at how compassionate Stoick really was.Hiccup smiled widely at elsa as he sat down next to her. She smiled back lovingly at him. Stoick began whistling a tune to his wife as he approached her, wiping a bowl.
"Oh....I love this one..." Gobber whispered to Hiccup and elsa as they both exchanged looks of surprise. Was the always -serious viking king really about to sing? Elsa thought to herself.Stoick continued whistling."Remember our song Val?" He whispered to his wife.

" I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With ne'er a fear of drowning.
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you would marry me " Elsa caught Hiccup's eye as he shrugged at her.
"No scorching sun nor freezing cold
Will stop me--" . Gobber , enthusiastically chimed in "on my journey, sorry..." he added , seeing hiccup and Stoick glare at him.
"If you will promise me your heart....
And love--" Stoick led Valka, who didn't respond as she merely stared down at her plate. Stoick sighed and looked helplessly at his son and Elsa. His eyes widened in happiness and valka joined him, "And love me for eternity .My dearest one, my darling dear,
Your mighty words astound me.
But I've no need for mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me!" She placed her hand on Stoick's arm as they performed their traditional dance.

Hiccup got up, dusted himself and extended his arm to elsa as he whispered, "Ya know...you still owe me a dance from that coronation ball all those months ago. ." Elsa smiled at him lovingly. She loved the sight of him looking so happy. His slightly shaggy brunette hair falling onto his face as his emrald green eyes positively beamed at elsa. She nodded and took hiccup's arm as she got up. They moved over a few inches away from their parents and hiccup placed his hand on her waist, ready to dance 'the royal way'. Elsa shook her head. She was in hiccup's homeland after all, and she wanted to dance the traditional dance of Berk's royalty. Hiccup's eyes lit up with happiness as he kissed her forehead and extended his arm up front and Elsa copied hiccup's mother. Hiccup led her through, as they danced quietly next to the viking chief ; hiccup's mother and father were singing heartily and joyously ,

"But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry ". Valka chuckled" oh, would you?". Stoick beamed at his son and elsa as he finished , "And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me!!"." I have no use for rings of gold, I care not for your poetry . I only want your hand to hold and I only want you near me!" Valka Sang ,beaming at Stoick. Elsa and hiccup Beamed at each other as the chief and his wife continued , a few feet away," to love , to kiss, to sweetly hold, for the dancing and the dreaming, through all of life's toils and delights , I'll keep your love beside me." Elsa place her head on hiccup's chest as they switched to a slow dance; his parents ,however, continued jubilantly " I'll swim and sail the savage seas , with ne'er a fear of drowning. And I'll gladly ride the waves if life, if you will marry meeee! "

Stoick and valka laughed heartily. The chief pulled in hiccup and elsa towards them as he exclaimed cheerfully " So what do you say Val? Would you return to Berk? Can we be a family again?" Toothles joined in and pushed Valka closer to stoick and grinned toothlessly at them .Valka beamed at hiccup, Elsa and back at Stoick before saying cheerfully "Yes!" . "Good. I'll do the cooking though..." Gobber chimed in as they all burst out laughing.

Elsa noticed that toothless and cloudjumper had began to act strange and were gazing into the clearing of the cave room. She nudged hiccup and nodded at toothless. Noticing it, hiccup asked "what is it bud?" Toothless growled as their eyes widened in confusion. Hundreds of dragons were zooming past the cave to the east of the nest ,where the opening of the dragon nest was. They all ran out onto the icy balcony-like gap in the nest that Valka had made. To Elsa's horror, at the bottom , near the shoreline, stood hundreds of thousands of men with armoured dragons, attacking the dragon's from the nest. "Oh. No."Hiccup whispered , anxiously. He muttered the words that Elsa was dreading. "War is here. Drago Bludvist is here."