Chapter 6: School Days (pt. 2)

Before I could do anything, the snake wrapped himself on me, which makes me let go of the stray blade, losing it. He hissed in front of my face and almost bites me. Hideaki took the stray blade and stabbed him with it.
Taking this chance, he pulled me away, leaving all the other Mekadan members. I tearfully reached out to them, but the snake instantly recovered and hissed in front of my face again, which Hideaki is aware of so he pulled me closer, trying hard to avoid the snake from me.
"I don't want to leave them!"
"And I don't want you to be harmed by the snake."
I cried while he just pulls me away...

When we reached an appropriate distance away from the snake, we stopped. Hideaki panted non-stop.
"What the hell are you thinking?! Suicide?!"
"...he's targeting me but he keeps on implicating my friends... I believe if I just gush my anger to him, it will be a lot easier..."
"You're an idiot!"
"I know... I'm sorry."
"You shouldn't apologize to me."
"But you're the one lecturing me."
"...."
"Sorry about that... Let's go home."
I took out my phone and tried calling Arisu's phone.
"H-Hello?"
"We're safe here."
"Shinto..?"
"Mia has been captured next. He took her so that all of us will be saved..."
"He's not harming anyone...is he?"
"I don't know..."
"Where are you now?"
"Back in the hideout."
"I'll call you daily so I'll be updated on what's happening there..."
"Ok."
"Shinto..."
"What?"
"I-...."
"..."
"Nothing. Bye."
I ended the call awkwardly. I don't know what I was thinking. That snake is very cruel, and smart for that matter. He may be just kidnapping them and "hiding" them somewhere using an alive body in the Graveyard world, but why does she still has a missing eye?
I can do 3 things here:
1. To be compassionate towards others and let them help me get the members back by force on the snake.
2. To make myself suffer so that he'll be satisfied and will return my friends.
3. Do nothing and let fate decide.
Yeah... I'm just gonna do 3. It's easier. I'll just have to decide the later events when fate decided the situations for me. My main priority for now is to retrieve what's mine! What a thief!

"Ok. Let's go?" I looked at Hideaki and breathed deeply.
"Yes. Of course." He said, flinching. I guess he was thinking about something deep. But then I interrupted him...
I was volunteering to carry my own bag as well as the cat, spreading my arms. But he didn't understood it immediately.
"What?"
"I want to carry my own things."
He handed me my bag but he still kept Toneko.
"I said 'my own things'." I glimpsed at Toneko and, undsrstanding it, Hideaki handed it over to me.

We continued on walking and walking to get to his home.
"Hideaki...?"
"Roki...?"
"Whaaaaaaat.....?"
"What are you doing here? It's already nighttime."
"You're one to talk!"
"Umm.... We were just on our way to home. Where are you going, Roki?"
"H-home..."
"Are you sure about that? I have known you for a long time now and even when you're going home late, this isn't the late I was talking about."
"Uhh... It's nothing."
"He's your best friend, why wouldn't you say anything?"
Roki looked left and right then pulled us near him.
"Mayura is stalking me. I want to get rid of her. The only way to do that is to have a wild goose chase." He whispered.
We were both speechless. We looked at each other and shoved his hands away.
"Ohh... Well, good luck anyway. Bye." We simultaneously said.
"Wha-what?!" He tries hard not to scream.
"If she knows we're together, it will be a lot more troublesome." We whispered, winking.
Roki calms down and nodded.

Someone is calling me. Don't know who.
"Hello?"
"Adaremu! Where are you right now?!"
"What?! Why?! I was just on our way home."
"We need you! The snake is throwing a tantrum because Mia keeps dodging all of his attacks, with the help of Sate."
"What?! Is everybody already there?"
"No... We're just really hidden in the outsider's point of view. The one missing right now is Gimara. Jiya said that he must be taking his midnight stroll as usual."
"So let me get this straight, you're just invisible by the power of the snake then attacks you while being invisible, the snake included, and is throwing a tantrum because he can't land a single blow on Mia?"
"Pretty much."
"And you need me there because...?"
"I need your help."
"What can I do there? Almost nothing, right?"
"Not almost... Well, I think you can control the snake because you have the nullifying ability, that the snake has manifested."
"I see. Well, I never thought about that. Controlling the snake... Because I have the clean version of the ability, I doubt that the snake will be in my control."
"Then contact your previous life's loved one or something."
"Even Kenji clearly doesn't know how to control it."
"Hurry up over here and I'll just lead you to what you're gonna do. The snake is attacking EVERYONE, even the ones who aren't kidnapped and forced to be invisible. Jiya doesn't seem to have a problem with it."
"Fine, fine. I just have to go there, right? Just wait a moment, ok? Bye."
"Yeah... Umm... Bye."
I ended another awkward situation. "5:00... Hideaki."
"What?"
"You can go home first. I'll be on my way. I know the way to your house so it's fine."
"Where are you going?"
"Back to the hideout. They need me again."
"For what?"
"I don't know, taming the snake or something."
"Ohh ok. I'll wait for you in our house, ok?"
"Ok."
"What, you live together?! I thought you're just friends!"
"We are." We said.
"...ohh."
I walked away. When I think the distance is already far enough, I activated my awakening eyes and dashed to the hideout.