6.0

{Lies}

I gasp and pull away from the kiss quickly, pushing Connor out of instinct.

He stumbles backwards before tripping over the cement blocky thingy that stops your car when you're parking. I can't think of the name, okay? Leave me alone, I'm stressed.

Connor falls back onto the ground with an 'oof.'

I'm too busy trying to look nonchalant to focus on Connor as I turn around and quickly lean against the car, as if nothing had happened.

My eyes focus on the figure stood in front of me and a blush rises on my cheeks. "Heyyy mom." I smiled innocently. "How are you?"

She laughs softly, shaking her head. "I'm doing great." She paused with a smirk. "What's Connor doing on the floor?" She raised an amused eyebrow.

I force a laugh. "Oh, you know Connor, he's such a klutz."

She nods her head. "Yeah, Connor Stevens, MVP of the boys baseball team for the last three years, is so clumsy."

I open my mouth to speak, but quickly close it, unsure of how to respond. I see my mom raise an eyebrow at me. "Well he did get shot in the foot. I mean who does that?" I laugh uncomfortably. "Clumsy people-that's who." I say matter-of-factly.

She cracks a smile, shaking her head fondly. "I'm messing with you, Jude. I don't care if you two kiss." She pauses, smile faltering. "Maybe just keep it to shorter than three seconds for now though. You're only 14, and I would like to pretend that you two will never grow up, but kissing in the parking lot doesn't exactly help me with that."

A blush rises on my cheeks just as Connor dusts off his pants and limps slightly back over to the car, standing behind me and placing his large hand on the small of my back. "We'll try our best Mrs. Adams-Foster." The way he smiles so charmingly at her makes me melt. I just wanna kiss his cheeks and hug him forever. He's just so adorable.

My mom smiles politely. "Please, Connor, as I've told you many times before, after school hours just call me Lena."

Connor nodded. "Of course ma'am."

I chuckled quietly at how formal that sounded and my moms face scrunched up in discomfort. "God Connor, don't call me ma'am, it makes me feel old. I'm only 29, not in my 60s."

I raise my eyebrow. "29? What are you talking abou-." I stop abruptly after receiving a warning glance from my mom. I hold up my arms up in surrender and Connor laughs. "I'm sorry."

She scowls. "You should be." Her face breaks out into a grin a few seconds later though as she ushers us into the car.

Connor and I sit in the back seat together before my mom reverses out of her parking spot and begins the drive home.

I placed my head on the window and watched the cars driving past us.
_________

As Connor and I entered my house hand in hand my mom yelled after after us. "Oh Connor, honey, would you mind if I had a little talk with Jude before you two go up to his room? You can even run into the kitchen and grab a snack for the two of you, if you would like." She smiled sweetly.

Connor nodded politely and turned to be. "What do you want to eat?"

I shrugged. "Anything's fine. Maybe just some chips?"

He smiled. "Sure." Then he leaned in, giving me a light kiss on the cheek before he entered the kitchen.

I turned towards my mom. "So what's up?" I asked casually, setting my backpack down on the couch.