2.0

{Pain}
The class went unbearably slow. Jude had probably spent more time looking at the clock than paying attention to what the teacher was saying.

He wasn't himself, he usually made sure to always pay attention in class so that he wouldn't have to worry about his grades slipping.. and maybe also so that he knew what he was talking about whenever Connor needed help with homework.

But today was different, he couldn't care less about his grades and showing off his intellect to Connor, he just needed this class to end so he could see Connor.

The paper that sat in front of him that should've been covered in notes remained blank. His pencil perfectly sharpened, having not been used yet today.

Jude bounced his leg up and down impatiently as he stared down the clock. His excessive nervousness and impatience building with every second that passed.

The shaking of his leg eventually caused his pencil to make its way off his desk, falling onto the floor beside his him.

The near silent sound of the pencil hitting the ground caused Jude to immediately be pulled out of his trance, his head snapping towards the sound.

This caused him to finally hear some of what the teacher was saying. "...so I will be giving all of you your assigned seats tomorrow. And I don't want to hear any complaining about who you're sitting by, okay? You're almost highschoolers, why don't you act like it?" The teacher raised her eyebrow, eyes trailing around the room.

Jude was confused, not knowing what was going on, he turned towards the girl sat behind him. "Why're we getting assigned seats?" He whispered.

She raised her eyebrow and chuckled. "You weren't listening?" Jude blushed, shaking his head. "Wow you're really off your game, Jude. What happened to always paying attention?" She questioned.

Jude nervously spoke. "Well I-I. You s-see I-."

"I'm kidding." She interrupted his stuttering. "Kids keep talking to their friends and not listening, so she thought it would be a good idea to assign seats."

"Oh." Jude blinked. "Ok thanks." He spoke before turning around and facing the front of the class once again.

Before he could fully face the front of the class, the girl spoke once again. "I'm Gemma by the way." She smiled.

Jude smiled back nervously. "Hi, I'm Jude."

"I know that." She chuckled. "We've sat here for like a month now and you've never asked for my name."

Jude blushed. "Oh I'm sorry I-I just get really into the class, I mean like I don't even know half the people in this classes name, well more like three fourths of them like I just know Jake over there a-and Hann-."

"Dude, you're rambling." She giggled, causing Jude to nod.

"Yeah, I do that when I'm nervous.." He trailed off.

"It's cool, I get it. When I get super nervous or anxious I don't say anything. I just can't seem to form words." She looked down thoughtfully, playing with the strings of her jacket. "But I guess rambling is better, I mean at least you have something to say." She said quickly, almost nervously.

Jude nodded slowly. "I think I would rather not be able to talk when I'm nervous. I always embarrass myself and it usually annoys people." Jude spoke.

Gemma nodded. A silence arose between the two for a few minutes before Gemma cleared her throat saying. "Well you better listen to the teacher now, you know you probably don't wanna miss anything important again." She winked.