It didn't take long until Zayn saw Niall coming in with a food tray. Another smile made an appearance to his face. He tried concealing it, but it was an impossible task. He felt like a king being served by his loyal subjects. He continued watching Niall as the food tray was placed on top of his lap. The soothing smell of chicken soup seeped through his nose, making his mouth to water.

"Be careful with that, it's hot," Niall warned, watching Zayn holding the spoon. He saw how Zayn's hand was shaking and he could imagine what Zayn was feeling at the moment so he decided to volunteer to feed the Bradford lad. He knew at the back of his mind that Zayn would tease him, but it doesn't matter anymore. Nursing Zayn was on the top of his priority list.

"Thank you," Zayn smiled after taking the first slurp of the soup. Butterflies in his stomach were all he could feel when Niall patted the side of his mouth with a table napkin. Zayn thought that getting the flu was the best thing that happened to him and now he concluded that the flu was the most romantic disease he had ever gotten.

After feeding Zayn, Niall thought that Zayn needed a change of clothes so he asked unintentionally, "Take off your clothes."

Zayn blushed hard. Red pigmentation spreading across his cheeks, messing up his complexion. A million of things were running through his head and none of those was appropriate.

"Why, are you planning to rape me-" Zayn giggled, meant it as a joke but he soon he realized that the humor was not interpreted correctly by Niall. He saw how Niall's lip quivered in agony; tears were forming in those blue eyes that he loved so much.

Goddamn it! Me and my stupid mouth! Zayn cursed himself, wanting to crash his head on a nearby concrete wall.

"I...I-" Niall was lost for words, not realizing the tears in his eyes were flowing freely, grazing against his cheeks. The memory of him being violated by his ex-boyfriend flashed before his very eyes. He knew that Aiden was nowhere in the flat so he felt safe somehow, but the thought of Zayn making a sick joke like that was not something he could laugh at.

"Niall, I'm sorry..." Zayn pleaded, reaching out his arms. A frown was seen on his face and remorse filled up his entire existence. But before his hand could reach Niall, the blonde stood up. The back was facing him, Zayn knew that Niall was holding his best not to let out his emotions.

"I'm... just gonna ask one of the management to look after you. I can't be here right now," Zayn heard the squeaky voice from Niall. Zayn really hated himself at the moment for being a jerk, and an inconsiderate human being.

"No, please don't go," Zayn begged. "I didn't mean it. It was supposed to be a joke." Zayn felt a powerful punch hit his gut as soon as Niall turned around. He saw the glossy look of tears building up in those blue eyes. It was the most painful image he had seen in his entire life. Now, Zayn felt like a douche.

"If it's a joke then how come I'm not laughing," Niall sniffed, running his finger towards against his cheek, drying up the tear stains.

Zayn tried getting up, but his wobbly knees made it impossible for him to take a step, but he willed himself to do it because he was not going to let the flu overpower him. He dared to take another step, but his knees gave up on him, losing his balance and landing on the floor. He was expecting for his body to crash into the ground but instead he felt warm hands holding onto him for dear life. When Zayn looked up, he saw the same glossy, agonizing blue eyes staring back at him as if it was looking into his soul.

"I'm sorry," Zayn apologized profusely. He bit his lower lip to restrain himself from shedding a tear for the blonde. Zayn couldn't stress enough how deeply sorry he was and how much a despicable person he was. "Please, don't leave me." He grabbed Niall on the arms, reciprocating the same intensity of those blue eyes.