And her eyes...the eyes I could never forget. They were dull now, simply looking like an ordinary brown, never lit with joy.

Her face was still in the same expression I had been seeing for weeks now. She appeared to be eerily calm, almost frightening with everything that's been going on around her. She was...lost. Unresponsive.

She made appearances when she was needed. When we fought crime. Once going over any briefing, once done fighting, the usual would happen. She'd run back home, and lock herself in her room.

She hardly spoke, but did when her opinion was needed. She smiled when her smile was needed.

She was there for us when she was needed, but that wasn't the problem.

We, I, needed her to need us. To need me. I needed her to feel as if she really could depend on us.

Nothing phased her when we tried to take her walls down. She wouldn't budge and simply say she needed someone to count on to keep her together. I never got a response when I tried to communicate with her telepathically. I know she hears my thoughts...but she never returns hers.

How could I? What I've said to her, in my vision, my thoughts, were practically unforgivable. It would take a miracle for her to light up again the way she did.

I knew that there was a million things running through her mind. Whenever she dozed off, which was eighty percent of the time, one of us, preferably not me, had to bring her back to reality, and then the vulnerability in her eyes shut down once again.

Questions ran through my head. Emotions crawled in me constantly. But one thing stands out more than everything else.

How much do I care for her?

~

We were all walking in the daylight, about to head over to the park by foot. I walked next to Beast Boy, flanked by Raven and Cyborg, while Beast Boy was in front of Starfire. Amber? She was ahead of us, only by a foot or two, but she was ahead, walking seemingly calmly as the soft breezes blew her blue raven tresses in elegance.

However, she stopped and quickly sped towards us and hid in less than a second. It was all too fast for my human eyes to see. All I knew was that she was no longer in front of us.

"What's going on?" I asked, turning to stare at her in confusion.

I could barely catch the whisper that came out of her.

"Them."

I turned back, and spotted two people. One was a male, quite tall with dark, almost black hair. His jaw was sharp enough to cut through flesh. The female was also tall, with brown hair cascading down her shoulders. I spotted hints of resemblance, knowing who they were.

Amber's parents.

"Titans, make sure Sparrow isn't spotted by those two. Keep calm, and act normal," I ordered, closing myself in on our team.

Sure enough, the team strutted as if nothing was wrong.

Just a few more feet and we'll go by undetected...

Time literally seemed to stop as we walked right by them. Her parents appeared...familiar, a bit confused, probably lost in direction, but confident nonetheless. They had that familiar determined look Amber had on her face quite often. They were determined to find their daughter.

I knew the story already, going off by memory. But what really bothered me was Amber's determination to stay hidden, to stay unknown to her own mother and father. Maybe I'm exaggerating things, but shouldn't she be doing the right thing for herself?