12

I sat in one of the chairs several rows back in the huge empty arena as the boys did their sound check. I was wearing Ashton's jacket, which kept me warm. Once the boys finished practicing Heartbreak Girl, they huddle in a small circle at the front of the stage talking amongst themselves. At first everyone thought it was a normal conversation, but then their voices got louder. I glanced back at their management who looked slightly concerned. That's when Ashton knocked down a microphone stand and stormed off. I stood up and rushed to the end of the aisle. "Best you don't right now!" Their management said as he kept me back. Cal jumped down from the stage and came running over. Management when to go and talk to Michael and Luke, Calum placed his arm around me and lead us back to where I was sitting. "What's happening?" I asked. "We just had a little disagreement, nothing to worry about!" He said quickly, and calmly. "You guys never disagree or fall out about anything!" I said. "Well, there's a first time for everything!" He said as he adjusted his beanie. "No seriously Calum.." I said. He looked at me, his lips moving to the side which was his trait for when he felt nervous. "Cal!" Michael called him over to their discussion with management. "Stay here!" Cal ordered. I nodded and watched as he walked nearer the stage. I waited a few seconds to make sure he was staying for a while, and then I legged it towards one of the back doors. I was in the many hallways of the arena, which were never ending, and I had no idea where I was. More importantly, I didn't know where Ashton was. After a few minutes of rushing around, I found the entrance to the arena. I stopped as I saw Ashton's car pull out of the car park. I placed my hands on the glass as I watched it smash into another car. It happened extremely quickly, but through my eyes it happened in slow motion. "NO!" I screamed, pulling the door back and running to the car. Smoke was rising from the front of the car, which looked nothing like the front of a car anymore. It was extremely early in the morning so not many people were around. The car that had been hit by Ashton's car was empty, no one was inside. I went over to Ashton's car and peered through the glass, I couldn't see anything as smoke was starting to fill up the space. "Ashton!" I cried. "Ashton, please be ok!" I said as I slammed my hand repeatedly against the window. 

Suddenly I felt a cold hand across my mouth, I screamed but obviously it was muted. I started getting dragged backwards away from the car and round the back of the arena. I tried to see if I could see the face of whoever was dragging me, but I couldn't. I digged my nails into the hand which felt like it was cemented over my mouth, but it wouldn't move. I heard the sound of a door being unlocked, and that's when I started to panic even more. I was shoved into complete darkness, hitting my back against something sharp. I felt a hand tug at my necklace around my neck, and the door slammed shut. The noise of it being locked was heard and I ran to the door banging on it violently. Then it was silent, I was alone. I felt around my neck, it was bare, my necklace had been taken. I leaned against the door and sunk to the floor. I buried my head into my arms and knees and wept. I was scared, worried, alone and all I wanted was to be with Ashton. 

Ashton's POV

I heard the sound of car crashing together, and decided to leave the bathroom where I had spent the last few minutes pacing up and down. Halfway down the hallway towards the entrance I saw the others running out. "What's going on?" I cried. They all shrugged and walked to the entrance. I looked at them before hurrying over "Where's Immy?" They looked around, "We thought she was with us…" Luke said slowly. "Ashton… that's your car!" Cal said as he pointed outside. I ran outside to the scene of the accident, and tried to look inside the car, but the smoke had limited my sight. "Were you driving?" Luke asked. "Of course not, I was behind you guys!" I shouted. "Well…" I went right up to Luke, so our faces were close. "I was not driving the car, ok?!" He nodded. I sighed, "Sorry! I'm just uptight!" "It's ok, we need to find out what happened and find Imogen!" He said. I patted my hand against his shoulder as I glanced down at the ground. I had to do a double take when something shining in the sun caught my eye. I wandered over to one of the tyres and picked up a necklace, it had 'Imogen' engraved. "Oh my god!" I said, With the necklace clenched in my hand, I started pulling on the door handle. "Woah Ashton what are you doing?" The boys asked as they rushed to my side. "Immy, she's in there!" I said. "You have your keys, don't you!" I looked in my pockets and then up at the lads. "I must have left them in the changing room." "I'll go look!" Luke cried before hurrying back inside. Michael and Calum helped me try to open one of the doors, which set the alarms off but it was no use we couldn't get in. A couple of minutes later Luke came back panting. "I couldn't find them!" I slammed my fists down on the window in anger, letting out a groan. I shoved my hair back from my face, breathing deeply. "It's ok mate, we'll get her out!" Michael said. "She's a fighter that one, she'll be ok!" "Wait a second…" I said as I walked away from them. "What is it?" Cal asked. I turned back to face them. "You told me that you saw Susanna traipsing around the arena, looking for me… What if it's her, what if she's done this?" "Don't be stupid, there's no way she could have done this! Literally, I don't see how she could have anything to do with it!" Michael protested. "Think about it… Cal said he saw her wandering around the arena… What if she went into the changing room, took my keys… No you're right it doesn't work…" "It's Imogen, it has to be, there's no other explanation!" Luke said as he started pulling at the door again. "But… if she's in there, and there's no way of getting in… How did her necklace get out here?" Cal said. 

Immy's POV

The door slam shut again, as I felt my whole head throbbing. I could no longer feel the blood which started to leave my mouth, nor could I see properly anymore. "Ashton hates you, he still loves me. You're skank to him, I'm like gold and diamonds." Those words were still swimming around my ears after being yelled at me for the past couple of minutes. "So ashamed, so confused… I was broken and bruised…" I sung softly before my voice caught in my throat. 

Ashton's POV 

The boys and I hunted up and down the whole arena for Immy, but she wasn't anywhere. We stopped in the dressing room, running out of ideas. "Oh my god!" I said as I slapped my forehead. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket and rung Immy. It rung for a while, but eventually she picked up. "Immy, Immy where are you?!" I could hear heavy breathing. "Ashton… I… I need you…" "I'm right here, and I'll be with you soon, just tell me where you are!" I said. "…Back of the arena… Janitors closest… Hurry, I'm hurt…" "Immy…Immy!" Her end of the call was silent. I hung up. "Janitors closest, come on!" I said to the boys before running faster than I've run before. We finally found the janitors door but it was locked. I slammed against it calling for Immy, but she wouldn't respond. "She said she was hurt…" "Stand back!" Michael said as he stepped back. "Get away!" He shouted. We all stood aside away from the door, as we watched Michael run for it slamming the side of his body against the door. The door fell to the other side, and Michael walked away clenching onto his arm. Luke and I lifted the door up and pushed it outside. The light from outside allowed us to see the room a bit, and I saw a pair of familiar shoes. "There!" I said as I pointed, Luke helped me carry her outside. We placed her against the wall, her face was covered in blood and swelling. "My Immy…" I said under my breath. Calum took me away so I didn't start freaking out. Luke phoned for an ambulance. "Thanks Michael!" I said, going in for a hug but stopped as he let out a sigh of pain. "Don't thank me, she saved me so it's the least I could do!" Luke walked over to us as we all looked back at Immy. "She's still breathing, but it's very slow" "What do you think happened, I mean your car crashed, and then Immy ended up in the janitors closest all bruised and battered?" Cal asked. We all shrugged. All of a sudden, an angry look came across Luke's face and before we knew it he was running away towards the car accident again. "Luke where are you going!" I shouted wanting to run after him. "No, you stay with Immy!" Cal said as he grabbed me. I knelt down in front of her, lifting her head forward slightly and placing her necklace back around her neck where it belonged. "I'm sorry this had to happen to you…" I said as I brushed her hair away from her face. "Ashton… We just saw Susanna leave in her car… And Luke's gone…" Cal said as himself and Michael returned.