“Mia, I need your help.” Emily spoke as soon as I reached. “I have to attend a cousin’s wedding tonight. I don’t have a dress. Let’s go shopping, like now.” She said.

I placed my hand on her shoulder to calm her down. “We can’t skip school. You can borrow one of my dresses. I have a couple which we would look good on you and are appropriate for weddings too.” I suggested.

Em nodded but she still looked nervous. It wasn’t about the dress she is worried about something else. “It’s not about the dress, is it?” I asked. She shook her head in a no.

“What is it then?” Josh asked quietly coming to stand next to her. She didn’t say anything for a long time. We started walking towards our class.

I and Josh have history together. We stopped at the door when Em spoke. “Drew is going to be there. My cousin is marrying his older brother. I don’t want to face him but I have to go and he will be there, the groom is his brother. I can’t do this; it’s weird after all this time.” She said.

I felt bad for her. Drew and Em were so in love, they dated for eight months. Things between them didn’t end well; they are not on good terms. Em was so sad it took her a long time to get better. This stuff between exes doesn’t simply go away and I can say this with experience. “It’s going to be alright Em. Really, isn’t it Mia?” Josh asked me.

“Umm…yeah off course. It will be fine.” I said comfortingly. I had no idea what to say to her what can I say? It is going to be weird on many levels.

“Thanks guys.” Em said offering us a small smile. She walked away her shoulders slouched giving away her nervousness.

We sat in the class. Josh kept asking if Emily would be ok and should we do something to cheer her up. God knows what’s up with Josh now. The rest of the day went on smoothly. I bumped into Aiden only once during lunch. I was busy fussing over Em that I didn’t get a chance to argue with him. Josh and I tried to keep her mind off Drew all day. At the end of the day she hugged both of us and left. Josh decided to walk her out. I opened my locker arranging the books I didn’t need.

I had texted Jake whenever I would and called Aunt Carrie once. Jake kept insisting he is fine, I hope he is. He gets very scared every time he is unwell. He thinks he has caught some deadly virus or something, he behave like he won’t survive it even if it’s just a cold. Crazy my brother is but I love him he is the sweetest when he wants to be that is. Hmm I should pick up some soup for him from that diner around the corner.

I turned around with a stupid smile on my face it dropped the moment I saw Nate standing in front of me. God, please help me. I put on a brave face, stood slightly straighter and asked angrily “What do you want Nate?”

He stuffed his hand in his jeans pockets and shrugged. “Are you still mad at me?” he asked in a gentle tone. No way, I was buying that anymore. Off course I am mad after what he put me through; he thinks I will forgive him?

“Yes. Now leave.” I said trying to sound stern. Honestly, I was freaking out and the hallway was almost empty which scared me more.

I have to walk away now I told myself. I took only a couple of steps away from him when he caught my arm and pushed me against the locker a little too hard. I bit my lip to stop myself from crying out loud.       “Come on, it’s been a long time. Forget about it. I love you Mia, you know that.” He said.

He slammed me against the locker few seconds ago and now he loves me. He is got to be freaking kidding me. I thought I knew him, he told me he loved me and I use to believe him not anymore. You don’t treat someone you love the way he treated me. Now, it scares me being this close to him. He brought his hand to my cheek I turned my head away quickly. He did it again, this time I flinched. “You cheated on me. I can’t forgive you.” I managed to say. Cheating among other things but I purposely didn’t mention any other.

“Boys will be boys. We do this kind of stuff.” He said defensively crossing his arms over his chest staring down at me.

Boys will be boys, WTF? He took a step closer to me. Now, I was pissed, he made me miserable and clearly doesn’t care. “Then I don’t need one in my life. Get lost, Nate.” I said angrily. I pushed him away from me with all force I could gather.

He stumbled back just avoiding a fall. He looked up at me, he was mad. He clenched his fists to his side and I froze. I made it worse for myself; he was staring at me with furious eyes. I had nowhere to run, he took a step closer and I knew what was going to happen. I looked around but the hallway was empty not that it would stop him but maybe I could get help. He was closer now and I closed my eyes waiting for the pain to come but nothing happened.

I slowly opened my eyes. Someone was standing right in front of me. “Are you alright?” He asked. I recognized Aiden voice immediately and nodded weakly. He took my hand and pulled me next to him gently, he was glaring at Nate. Aiden was good few inches taller and broader than Nate which I am sure Nate noticed too.  None of us said anything; they both kept glaring at each other. I wanted to drag Aiden away; I wanted to go away from Nate what if Aiden gets hurt because of me? Nate finally gave up first looked at my hand in Aiden’s and smirked before walking away.

When he was finally out of sight I breathed a sigh of relief. Aiden is going to be asking questions now he saw everything well most of it but I don’t want to talk about it. He looked at me concern clear over his face. He opened his mouth to say something but I shook my head ‘no’ begging him with eyes to let it go. Aiden looked torn then he closed his eyes and sighed.

“Let’s go, Jake will be worried.” He said. I smiled at him gratefully and he let go of my hand. I badly wanted to reach for it again but I couldn’t do that.

Once in the car I asked him to stop by the diner for some soup which Jake liked. I made an effort of a small talk with Aiden and it worked. He was telling me about an incident during practice with a smile on his face. Looking at him smile like that made me smile and I forgot about everything else. Aunt Carrie engulfed me in a bear hug just as I entered in the house. She stayed for a while till I and Jake had dinner in front of her, Aiden went home surprisingly. She made me eat two servings of chicken and vegetables, Jake too; she said we were becoming size zero.

After cleaning up the dishes I went to my room and called Emily. She told me how at first Drew and she were awkward but by the end of the night it was okay. “We decided to be friends you know. It’s better that way, no bad blood between us.” She exclaimed.

“That is good. I told you it would be fine, I was worried about you all day.” I told her honestly. She was nervous during school and jumpy too.

“I am sorry. I know how I was today but I am fine now.” She said. “Hold on a minute.” She added. I waited for her to return, she came back. “Can we talk later? Maggie wants me to help her in History.” She asked.

“Yeah, okay. Bye, good night.” I said and hung up. I tossed my phone on the bed and went to get changed. I took a relaxing shower and changed in my pajamas.

I snuggled under my covers. Today’s day was exhausting. I hope I don’t have to face Nate for a long time, maybe never. I checked my phone; I had a text from Aiden asking if I was okay. I replied to him that I was fine then he texted me back with a good night and a wink smiley. Typical! I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see me.

Please vote or comment if you like.

I will try to upload soon. I hope you like it.

Thanks <3