Chapter 19

Chapter 19

"Baby, you light up my world like nobody else," I sang loudly as I pounded on the boys' bedroom doors. "The way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed. But when you smile at the ground, it ain't hard to tell.... IT'S TIME TO GET UP!!"

We had to get back on the bus a few days ago, and Liam and I weren't exactly on speaking terms. Therefore, I'd made it my duty to annoy the hell out of everyone else on this bus. Probably not my best tactic, but I was bored and a rebel, so give me a break.

"Shut up!" Zayn yelled from inside his and Niall's bedroom. "I never thought I'd say this, but you've ruined WMYB for me!"

"Good!" I hollered back. "It's time to get up!" I slapped his door multiple times when I said "time".

"Go away!" Niall shouted at me this time.

"No!" I retorted. "You're stuck with me so live with it!"

I went into the kitchen and saw Harry already there eating some toast. His wrist was still broken, but in a few weeks it could come off. He was already anticipating the day.

"Hey there," he greeted me.

I frowned. "Why are you here and not in your room?" I asked.

He looked at me weirdly. "Because it's morning and I'm having breakfast," he replied.

"Aren't you annoyed yet?"

He laughed. "Sure, if you want me to be," he said, smirking. I narrowed my eyes. Call me dense, but I think he's flirting with me.... Liam would murder him, after he murdered me.

I grabbed some Nutella from the cupboard and helped myself. Then I made myself a few waffles and spread some Nutella on those. As I ate them, Harry watched me curiously. "You like Nutella, huh?" he asked. I stared at him like he was crazy. "You're just noticing that NOW?!" I yelled at him.

"Your face is all messy," he informed me and, blushing, I immediately grabbed a few napkins. He smirked at me again.

Louis entered the kitchen and scowled at me. He saw my Nutella and grabbed it. "Hey!" I yelped, immediately jumping to my feet.

"You're being punished," he told me, holding the Nutella high above his head. "Just because you're in a bad mood doesn't mean everyone else has to be in one too."

"Louis!" I snapped. "Give me back my Nutella or I'll... I'll...."

"You'll what?" he smirked.

"Bite your arm off!" I yelled the first thing that came to mind. Harry snorted. Louis rolled his eyes. "Uh huh, sure," he agreed sarcastically.

I started jumping up and down, trying to reach it, but of course he had to be so much taller than me. I gritted my teeth in frustration as he laughed. Meanie.

Niall entered, saw the Nutella, and somehow managed to take it away from Louis. He popped off the cap.

"Give me that!" Louis ordered.

Niall glared back at him and took a step back. He looked at the container hungrily.

"Don't do it!" I shouted at him. "I, um, spit in it!"

"Gross!" he yelped and dropped it. I dived forward and caught it. "I didn't spit in it," I smirked. "Psych!"

Louis reached for it. I spit in it. "But now I have," I added. The three boys each gave me disgusted looks. I grinned. Nobody messes with the Lily.

*~*~*~*

"Random dance party!" I yelled.

"Um, no thanks," Zayn muttered, sitting down on the couch. "I think I'll sit out."

Niall shrugged. "Fine, miss out on all the fun," he said. "It's your loss."

"I'm disabled," Harry said loudly.

"No, you're not," Louis said, rolling his eyes. "You're fine. And you're going to dance with me." He yanked up Harry, and he scowled.

Grinning again, I turned on a nearby stereo with a disc in it already. "Another World" came on. One of my favorites!

"We need to get Liam in here," I proclaimed as he started singing.

"Ha! Good luck with that," Niall exclaimed, slipping his hand into my own. I raised my eyebrows and glanced at him. "What?" he asked defensively. "I thought we were dancing."

I relaxed. But when I turned around I saw Harry and Louis shooting daggers at Niall's back. Ugh, what now?

"Words will just be words," Niall and I sang together. "Till you bring them to LIFE!!"

"That's my favorite part," I said as I twirled around.

"Really?" Niall asked, grinning. "It's mine too." I punched his arm playfully.

"This song is so dirty," I commented as Harry's part in the chorus came up.

"Oh, really?" Harry said. "It never says a thing about sex or--"

"Ah!" Zayn yelled, clapping a hand over Harry's mouth. I laughed. "No," I agreed. "But it's pretty obvious."

A few seconds later, Niall managed to haul Zayn up and make him dance. He was surprisingly good. While the boys goggled over that, I snuck off to me and Liam's room. I knocked lightly on the door, and when nobody answered, I let myself in.

Liam was sitting on his bunk and scribbling madly in a notebook, and whenever he paused even for a second, he would chew on the eraser of his pencil nervously. I sighed. I knew that whenever Liam was worried he would write his troubles in a notebook. It was his way of "letting it all out".

"Hey, LiLi," I said, and he jumped. He shoved the notebook and pencil behind his back. "Hi, Lily," he greeted me. I crawled up on the top bunk. "Whatcha doing?" I asked.

"Writing," he replied.

"You're pretty worried, huh?"

He looked surprised. "How did you know?" he asked.

I cracked a small smile. "I'm your sister," I said. "I know you, Liam. Now, why are you worried?"

"Isn't it obvious?" he scowled, more to himself than me, I think. "You went onstage, I think the boys like you a little too much, and Mum and Dad are going to explode when they find out all this happened! And under my watch!"

It was actually quite amusing seeing Liam like this. But I bit back my grin and stayed serious. "I think you mean YOU might explode," I corrected him. "Mum and Dad are more carefree than you are. And the boys and I are just friends. I could never like them in that way. And nobody knows that I'm a Payne. We look almost nothing alike! Chill, man."

Liam glanced at me and sighed. "Well, when you put it like that...." he mumbled.

I grinned. "Lily knows all," I said wisely. "Now come on! The rest of us are out having a random dance party! Even Zayn!"

Liam's eyebrows shot up. "Seriously?" he asked. "Now that I've gotta see."

We went into the center area, and Niall was slow-dancing with Zayn. In the background, Harry and Louis sang made-up words to some love song. I laughed, and Liam smiled.

"Here comes the breakdown," I said, and shoved Liam ahead. But before he could do anything, the boys shouted, "LIAM!!" and attacked him in a hug. I giggled again. That was just what Liam needed.