Ever so gently I pick her up under the shoulders so she's standing. "Mine." I murmur, burying my face into the crook of her neck.

Her body shakes in fear, I swear I can feel it. As well as pain, that's when I see the blood. All along her tiny figures side is a cut. No doubt a claw mark. The shirt given to her must be a pack members and she had no pants. Though the shirt covered lots, I can't help but growl. No one should see her like this. No one but me.

"Erik get her clothes, Calder heal her." I snap, angry they hadn't done so already.

It hurts, how scared she is. Her breath is coming in quick gasps, her eyes still streaming tears, her body shaking violently. I just wanted her to find comfort in me but apparently it was the exact opposite.

"Alpha... You need to step away. She's going to have a heart attack or something." Calder says quietly as he walks up, a bag in his hand.

I growl at him which seems to make it worse for my little one because she desperately tries to get away. She pushes and ends up smacking her head off the wall behind her. I almost let out a whimper for her. My poor girl. I gently set her down and Calder walks up to her.

"Hello, can you tell me your name?" Calder asks her softly.

Though her gaze never leaves me. Her fearful eyes not leaving my body. I kneel down beside her.

"Can you tell me your name?" I ask, attempting to be just as soft as Calder but I don't think it worked. She cringes back and closes her eyes.

Calder sighs. "I have to lift the shirt to get to the wound, okay?" He reaches toward her but she panics again.

'Alpha, I think I need to give her a shot to make her fall asleep. She's going to hurt herself like this.' Calder links as he opens the bag.

I hesitate before answering. 'Fine.'

I watch as he pulls out a needle which again my mate cowers from, but there's nothing her weak, frail figure can do to stop as Calder puts the drugs into her. She tried but failed.

Soon her eyelids flutter closed and she falls limp.

"She's beautiful." I whisper. Even though she is frail and weak and scared and dirty. She's gorgeous. Her big blue eyes and the lovely shade of brown for hair. Her almost sharp features, they were slightly more soft. She's absolutely beautiful.

"Are you going to carry her to the hospital?" Calder asks, standing.

I nod and Erik comes back with clothes. I pick my tiny cute mate up and gently take her to the pack hospital, grabbing the clothes for her on the way.

I want to know everything about her. Why she's a rogue, why she's scared of me, what's her name? Where's her family, what's her favourite food, does she know I'm her mate?

I put other clothes on for her, they're mine so they're much too big for her. Her small unhealthy frame. But they'll work. I leave the area of the wound exposed for Calder who comes in. I watch him clean the cut and work on it. If he hurts her... I clench my hands into fists.

"All done." Calder says as he pulls the shirt down over the wound. "Her wolf will help it to heal. But she's weak, it's not going to be as fast as it should."

I nod, looking at my mate with a blank expression though inside I was admiring her. Slowly she begins to stir, her eyes flicker open and she squints at the light. Calder stays where he is and her gaze finds him first. She jumps in surprise and scrambles into a sitting position on the bed.

"It's okay, we're not going to hurt you." Calder says, speaking in that soft tone that he usually only uses on kids. "I am helping to heal you, look at your side."

She does so, picking up the side of the shirt and looks over the line of stitches. Her face forms a frown.

"How do you feel angel?" I ask.

Her head snaps up and the fear and panic is on her face again. She fists the blankets so tightly and her breathing quickens again.

"Woah, woah, please. I'm not going to hurt you." I say, again attempting to be as soft as the doc. A whimper escapes her which just angers me. I slam my fist against the wall. "WHY ARE YOU SCARED OF ME!?"

At that tears roll down her cheek and Calder's expression seems torn. Finally he speaks to my angel. "Can you please calm down? I promise Alpha Darren won't hurt you."

"Promise?" Comes a weak soft voice from her. I fall in love with her voice.

"I promise." Calder nods.

Her gaze flickers back to me, I can still see the fear in her eyes, but, she's calm. She watches my every move.

"Can you tell me your name angel?" I ask, not moving any closer so to not upset her any more.

She seems to think about it before she speaks. "Blaire."

"You have a beautiful name my angel." I say, taking a step close. "Mine is Darren, okay?"

She nods. "Alpha Darren."

"No, just Darren." I reply a little sternly.

"Just Darren?" Blaire frowns.

I nod and take a step closer. She tenses so I stop. "I'm not going to hurt you Blaire. Can you stand?"

Blaire slides down off the bed, her legs shake and threaten to buckle but she manages. Though, after she takes a step she crumples. I catch her before she can hit the ground, pulling her close.

She tenses automatically, scared of me no doubt. I pick her up bridal style and take her to my house, leaving Calder. Blaire doesn't speak the whole way there, she just stays tense and scared.

"Blaire," I start. "Why are you so scared of me? I would never hurt you." And no answer. I growl slightly which makes tears stream from her eyes. "Blaire! Stop crying!"

Almost instantly the tears stop, like she was afraid if she kept crying I'd hurt her. I wouldn't.

I sigh and walk into my house. I go to my room and set her on the bed. "Go to sleep Blaire, you need it." I mumble. "I'm going to stay here until you fall asleep." I add.

She doesn't make herself comfortable or anything, she just curls into a tiny little ball and closes her eyes.

I finally find my mate and she's scared of me. I clench my hands into fists. My own mate is scared of me! I wonder how old she even is, she doesn't look very old.

I groan in frustration and sit on my couch, watching her until her breathing evens out and her heart beat slows. In the room alone with her, it's easy to listen to her heart.

I really want to know why she's so scared... Maybe then I could fix it.