The shadow

Being shy and weak, no one takes me seriously when I talk. To be honest, it makes me pretty frustrated because the stuff I want them to understand is really important most of the time.
"Oh you're so funny Ame!" Hibiki laughed at me. "There's no such things as monsters!!"
Of course she'd say that, she's the preppy type that takes everything as a joke and thinks she knows it all. I nodded and walked away with her still laughing. I saw a monster yesterday, it was eating a corpse in a dark ally way. It was some creature but I couldn't figure it out so I just called it "monster." I walked down the school hallway quickly trying to avoid contact with others.
"Oh, Ame what's wrong?" A voice behind me asked. I turned around and saw my childhood/best friend Ayato Takanashi. He waved and I relaxed, I can only talk to a few people and he's one of them so I can trust him.
"Ayato! I need to talk to you about something" I said. "It's really important..."
He nodded and we made our way to the library which was on the third floor of our five story school. On the journey, many girls greeted Ayato. He was one of the most popular boys in the school so he attracted many girls which I don't mind but most of the girls are pretty terrifying.
After making it to the library, we sat down at one of the tables to talk. Just as I was about to tell him about the monster, one of the girls came to Ayato and whispered something in his ear.
He nodded and stood up. "Sorry Ame, I have to go visit my girlfriend... tell me later, okay?" My face went pale, as he went out with the girl clinging onto his arm. She looked at me with a smirk and left.
"Ayato you idiot!" I murmured. "Now what?" I thought. I then got up and started to search for books about the creatures. "What monster was it?" A voice said. I looked to see the librarian. He was old and skinny. Very pale and scary.
"H-how did you know??" I asked in caution.
"Well, you're in the creature type section." He said. His voice sent chills down my spine. I decided that it was time to leave. It wasn't safe. "Um... well..." I wanted to say that I needed to leave but the words wouldn't come out.
"Was it a ghoul?" He asked.
"..." I took a step back.
"Wendigo?" His voice became heavier. I started to walk slowly to the door. I never realised how thick the curtains were and how they made the library so dark.
" or maybe..." the voice faded.
I blinked and turned around and saw him blocking the door.
"A shiki? (Vampire)"
I screamed and ran to the window. It was locked. It was the fourth story window. The floors were merged to make the library bigger. It was like a house.
The man grabbed me by the arm. I saw his fangs. I was terrified. "Someone.. help me!" I cried. I loosened his grip and ran out the door. "I have to keep running!" I cried. "I need to find someone!" As I came to a corner I saw Ayato and his girlfriend. I was going to call his name but they were kissing. I looked back. The man was walking towards me with a woman by him. I panicked and ran towards Ayato. "Ayato! Help me!" I squeaked. His girlfriend glared at me. "Can't you see he's busy? Fuck off brat!" She yelled. I looked at Ayato he looked ashamed of me. "Go away" he said. As more tears ran down my cheek I was pulled back by his girlfriend. She dragged me around the corner and pushed me into the ground. My glasses shattered as the impacted the floor. I couldn't see.
It felt like I was being dragged through the hallway. "They got me..." I thought. As a last impulse to survive. I pushed through and followed the light. It was an opened window. I fell through the air with a shadow guiding me.