Second Chances pt. 7

Start from the beginning

So, it's been a month of radio silence and Luke was getting frustrated at how you were still clearly avoiding him. You'd barely participate in any conversation with him and you'd never answer your phone, when he'd call. Instead, you'd just pass it straight to Theo, assuming he was calling for his son. Except, half the time, Luke only called because he wanted to hear your voice. Or hear you at least breath into the phone, giving him the tiniest of hopes of going back to whatever you two had before Dan screwed you over. He knew Michael and you were closer than ever and it got to Luke even more, because he couldn't figure out if you two were dating or not.

Bumping into you in the halls of the venue they'd performed that night was completely accidental, but Luke took a chance and confronted you to finally get to the bottom of whatever was bothering you. He stood in your way and it was annoying you, because the hall was not wide enough for you to freely walk around his broad frame. "Excuse me," you tried politely, with a frown on your features.

"No," Luke took a step to the side to completely block your way. You groaned, "Luke, step away."

"Y/N, come on, talk to me. Why are you avoiding me? What the hell is going on?" he demanded, taking a step forward, forcing you to take a cautious step backward.

"Luke, let me walk," you asked through gritted teeth, your mind buzzing, trying to find a way to leave.

"Just fucking tell me. What the fuck did I do or say? If it's about that night-"

"Let. Me. Walk." You demanded through gritted teeth, turning around to go back to where you just came from, not able to stand looking at Luke any longer.

But he grabbed your elbow, turning you around. Angry tears spilled from your eyes at the sudden action, but Luke didn't seem fazed, "What did I do? Just tell me. You can't fucking kiss me one night and then turn around and ignore me for a fucking month. It's not fair, I literally didn't do anything-"

"Are you gonna say you didn't do anything wrong?" you suddenly interrupted, anger bubbling inside you, sarcastic laugh following right after. "It's not fair, you think it's not fair?" You bit your lip with a smile, even though your eyes pooled with tears. "What does that even fucking mean?" You took a harsh breath in, the smile suddenly gone. "With you and me, there is no such thing as fucking fair. How fair was it for you to cheat on me? How fair was it for me to raise our child alone? How goddamn fair was it for you to fuck someone else while I still considered you mine?!" You yelled out, angry tears streaming freely down your face, but you didn't care about it. "You say you didn't do anything wrong, why don't you look about five years back. Do you see how you did nothing wrong? Do you see how you made no wrong decisions? How everything you did was right and sincere and done with fucking love? Do you see our happy marriage that you did nothing wrong to? Do you see a fucking happy me when you made all the right decisions? DO YOU?" You lost all control. Of your emotions and of your body, completely giving way to the cold tears on your neck, rage in your veins and pain in your soul.

Luke simply stood there staring. He watched you boil with fury and crumble down with emotion in front of him, but he didn't move. He stared at you crying in front of him, spitting out accusations that had been held in for much too long. And he felt his knees give in, and his head spin, and his heart break, but he simply stood staring at you. "Y/N, I'm so-"

"You're nothing. You're a coward, that's what you are. You chose your dick over your family and commitment and you don't fucking deserve anything from me." Your voice broke and your breath caught in your throat, but your emotions were too hot to be held in anymore and your lips seemed to move by themselves.

"You're right," Luke suddenly spoke up. "You're completely right and you have a right to hate me. But I can't tell you enough how sorry I am. Because I am. I'm so sorry, I'm-"