Chapter 23

Chapter 24

Time went on for Sakura.

Sasuke came and Sasuke went, Ino visited much, Tsunade made her apprentice work a lot, and every Monday she went out for a 'walk' to visit Itachi, to give him her scroll and more private things between them, and sometimes Deidara or Kisame was with him too, and she had a lot of parties, including a Welcome Back Party from Ino, Shikamaru, Hinata, Naruto, Tenten and Neji, but her growing belly couldn't be stopped. Sakura desperately tried to hide it by wearing huge sweaters, but she knew she couldn't hide it forever.

On a snowy day in early January, Sakura walked through the still Christmas decorated village off to the Hokage's tower. She felt nervous. Tsunade had called her and she could figure out why.

Knock, Knock.

"Come in."

Sakura pushed the door open and entered. Tsunade looked up. "Ah, Sakura." She said. "Please, sit. Close the door behind you." Sakura sat down on a chair in front of Tsunade's desk.

"I think you already know the reason for this conversation." Sakura gave a sly nod and watched how her teacher shoved some papers out of the way and looked at the pink kunoichi. "Who exactly raped you?"

'What?' Thought Sakura confused. 'She thinks I'm raped? Thank god!!'

'Ohh YES! So she IS still an idiot!' Replied Inner Sakura, who threw confetti all over.

'Wait, shit, should I say that I were raped by Itachi?'

'Um... Say that you don't know, it was dark, thingy, you know.'

"I-... I don't know..." Said Sakura slowly. Tsunade kept staring at her. "It...was night... And... I was alone... I thought... And then I got pushed over... I was weak because of some... some drug they were giving me..."

'Does that sound believable?' She thought, almost panicking.

"I see. It must be hard to talk about. Around which time did this happen?" Tsunade glanced at Sakura.

"Begin October..."

"Great, it's still possible for us to remove it!"

"NO!"

Sakura had shouted it before she knew. Tsunade frowned.

'Great job, Sakura.' Said Inner Sakura sarcastically.

"No- I mean- I- I'm scared..." Sakura tried, but surprisingly, Tsunade smiled.

"You care about the baby because it is yours too?"
"Um... Yes." Sakura agreed, sweating everywhere. She searched for the right word for this conversation. Ah: Troublesome. 'Thank you, Shika.'

"I see. Another six months right? I'll get you off the work. Go home, go relax, go do something fun." Tsunade waved to the door. "Dismissed."

Sakura stood up and smiled at the Sannin. After that, she left. To her surprise she saw Sasuke waiting for her outside.

"Sasuke-kun, what are you doing here?" She asked, and walked up to him.

"Waiting for you." The young Uchiha replied. His eyes observed how she came closer to him. Her pink hair bounced up and down on her shoulders.

"Well, I'm free from work for the rest of the time." She said. "She didn't ask a lot."

"Good. I heard you have a lot of mail at the hospital, you should go check." Sasuke replied.

"Oh... I'll go then. You're walking with me?" "Hn. I can't. See you at home." In a flash, he was gone. Sakura raised her shoulders and went off to the hospital.