Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Sakura woke up. The fireplace was lit. It was warm and cosy in the room. Sakura yawned and wanted to go back to sleep again. She looked at her fingers. Under and above the bandages, she could see her fingers started to get back a normal colour. She turned around to lie on her other side, carefully not to hurt her bones. Then she saw Itachi sitting in the corner of the room, watching her. She sat up. "Itachi...san?" She asked. Itachi nodded. His cloak hung open. She could see he was wearing a long dark shirt and a dark pants under it. He had a pretty nice body by the looks of it. 'To bad he hides it under a cloak.' Sakura thought. 'He could be pretty popular with girls. And if he didn't kill his whole family, of course...'

Itachi stood up and walked towards her. She looked at him. He stood still next to her. "Do you feel like taking a shower?" He asked. "...If-... If I can stand..." Sakura said. She placed her legs next to the bed and let herself slide off. While still holding on to the wall, she stood a little. Her legs shook so much, she was afraid she would fall. Itachi watched her try.

When Sakura thought she stood good on the ground, she let go of the wall. That was an mistake. Her legs couldn't hold her weight and she fell.

Itachi moved quickly and catch her just in time. Sakura felt herself became red. "S-.. Sorry.." She said. She felt his strong arms around her waist. His body temperature was just so warm... She didn't expect that from a cold hearted criminal.

"It's ok." Itachi said. "I'll help you. Try to walk to the door."

He helped her up, but kept holding her. She started to walk to the door, while he stayed next to her. Sakura felt like it took days. The door just didn't came any closer. But on the other hand, she was happy with it. Itachi was so close...

'WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?' Inner Sakura screamed out of anger. 'YOU DON'T HONESTLY LIKE THAT COLD HEARTED MURDERER, DO YOU!?' Sakura felt shocked when those words came up in her mind. 'N- No, of course not!' She replied to herself. 'My interest in him is pure professional!' 'Hmpf,' did Inner Sakura. 'You don't believe that yourself, do you?'

Itachi opened the door. They came back in the hall. Finally, Sakura had a chance to look around.

The hall was made from wood. There wasn't any furniture or decoration. Only wooden doors. Itachi opened the door they first met. It revealed a bathroom.

Itachi took Sakura's hand and placed it on the tub. "Can you stand like this for one minute?" He asked. She nodded. "Wait here." Itachi left.

Sakura let her breath escape. He scared her, he scared her a lot. But he acted so kind and sweet and caring around her. ...Sometimes. Not what she expected from the murderer from the Uchiha clan, and much more people.

Sakura wondered if Konoha was searching for her already. She said she'd take a long walk in the village's forest. Maybe stay there for a day or five. How long was she here already? Three days? No, it had to be longer. A week? She didn't know.

Itachi came back, carrying some clothes. They were all dark. Sakura noticed a Akatsuki cloak on top.

"Put this on after you've showered." Itachi said, placing the clothes next to the shower. "Do you think you'll be ok?"
Sakura doubted it. She couldn't even stand normally, so she could forget undressing and shower.

"I-... I don't think so... Itachi-san..." She said slowly. Itachi was silent for a while.

"Hn. I guess I cant help you." Itachi said, more against himself than to her. "Can you undress yourself?"

"I-... I think... Yeah... Sure..." Sakura mumbled.

"Do that and call me back then. I'll keep my eyes closed. You'll tell me where to go and I'll take you there. Ok?"