Chapter 5

Kris's POV

After our series with the Cardinals, the flight home was rowdy... We swept the series! I wanted to text Manon badly, but I knew she doesn't have a cell phone.

~ A Couple Hours Later~

Once back in the Windy City, I grabbed my bags and quickly drove to the hospital.
"I'm here to visit someone named Manon... Um..."

The receptionist stared at me, looking over the top of her glasses.
"What's your name and relationship with the patient?"
She looked back to her computer.

"Kris Bryant; friend." I was waiting for the reaction people always have when they recognize me.

"You're her friend and you don't even know her last name?" She stared at her computer and pointed. "Manon Winters is in room 7."

Wow. Maybe if she was a baseball fan, she would've recognized me an have been nicer...

I knocked on the door of Manon's room and let myself in.

"Hey, um, how are you."

Her eyes instantly lit up.
"Hi! They said I leave tomorrow..."
Her voice trailed off into a tone of disappointment.

"You seem upset about that." My face showed a look of concern. "You don't have anywhere to go do you?"

She sunk her head in what seemed to be embarrassment.

"You can always stay at my place. It's nice and in the heart of the city; you can even see Wrigley Field!"

Manon's POV

"You can always stay at my place. It's nice and in the heart of the city; you can even see Wrigley Field!" The tone of excitement radiated from his voice.

My eyes widened and stared at him...

His cheeks instantly became pink as he looked away. "That is, of course, if you want to."
A warm smile crept onto my face. "That would be really cool."

----------------------------------------------
This seems like an uneven chapter but it works :-) BTW I'm super excited because last night I got a Hosmer shirt and it is super comfy (I really want to see a Cubs/Royals World Series)