Smile/笑み(1/2)

Smiles can be seen everywhere, but not on Corporal Levi's face. You knew that too well, not just you but the whole humanity living in the walls. Infamous for shutting people up with his sharp and merciless tongue, and also trainings that was equally compared to living hell. The most reliable among all other members in the special operations squad, he always tasked you to protect and defend other squad members instead of him. This kind of amused you a little as he doesn't look like a person who cares for his subordinates deeply, to the point where he broke his ribs and a deep cut on his forehead while trying to save Petra. (A/N: let's just assume Petra is alive for now, seeing her dead makes me full of feels..) He's.. just remarkable, and that's how you started to admire him.

Morning.

After preparing yourself, you walked to the mess hall in full uniform and see Eren and gang sitting together, eating their meals together. Eren waved at you and gestured for you to come here with your breakfast, in which you did.

"Hey! Want to know something? About corporal??" Eren whispered, and this gathered a lot of interest from Mikasa, Jean, Connie, Sasha and other people, especially Hanji who appeared from nowhere. All ears were on full alert, cautious about Levi's sudden appearance and curious about Eren's secret of Levi at the same time. "He smiled.... he.. just.. smiled. FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THE SURVEY CORPS HISTORY, HE SMILED!!" Eren got a little excited, in which Mikasa stepped on his foot to bring him back to his senses.

"W..What?! Really!?" You asked Eren, along with Hanji at the same time. "Yeah, I saw him smile in his office, to a photo. I...err..peeked into his office...and i just.. saw that." Eren was still feeling a bit excited, and that caused him to be knocked out by Mikasa.

Hanji had a evil grin. Not up to something good, you thought.

"Okay guys, let's have a competition! The goal: Make Corporal smile! And if you win, you will have 3 days off! No cleaning chores! No shitty horse stable cleaning! No running of 100 laps around the field in winter! Mark my words!" Hanji announced. Everyone was motivated and determined to win the competition. Nobody had 3 days of vacation before, let alone 1 unless there are special reasons, which needs to be reported to get approval. You shook your head, thinking that you will not be able to win since you are shy and not really sociable due a sharp tongue.

Over the past few days, Connie, Sasha, Reiner tried to make Levi smile. But that only invited trouble as they were made to clean the stables for 2 months. Others like Christa, Eren, Mikasa and Armin tried too, but were made to run laps as punishment, till they fainted. You were the only one left. All eyes were gathered on you, making you feel intimidated. You sighed. "Okay, okay, I'll try."

Over the past few days, you were grinding over on how to make Levi smile. Even to the point where you were sleeptalking over ways to make him smile, where it was heard by Hanji, who spread rumours after that incident. That made you feel so embarrassed. Out of nowhere, a sudden thought came in, and you knew what to do to make him smile.