Chapter One: Lovesick

"I don't understand, why we suddenly can't complain about things just because there's a boy who's lost his legs, and we've seen a photo of it. When people say that we can't be upset about things because there are people worse off than we are, that same logic would mean that we can't be happy because there are people better off than us. You can't compare an apple to an orange, and it's not always a battle of who has the bigger scar." Meredith was trying to argue rather than to explain to her boyfriend about a photo posted in a social media.

"I don't know why it's so hard for you to put down your pride and agree with something. No one's asking you to sell your phone, but to take a moment and appreciate the things you have." Victor logically said to her.

"I do appreciate the things I have. I really do. I recognise that I have a great life and a great family, that doesn't go unnoticed." she said furrowing her thin eyebrows that she made up every single day.

I was stunned and couldn't moved from the sore sight I was witnessing right now. They were always like this and I'm getting tired of it. I'm getting tired of the bad behavior and personality of Meredith she's manifesting to everyone especially to her boyfriend Victor.

I also don't understand how Victor can withstand the personality traits of her girlfriend, I thought as I tucked my hair behind my ear.

They're still arguing to each other about that photo, that we don't really know, if it even exist or someone just photo shopped it out of boredom and I can no longer stand them. I'm getting pissed with everything including how I can't manage my stupid hair. It gets in my way every time I move. I was thinking, if I have to get rid my baby hair sprouting near my face, but I was like, nah, there's no really in between.

I felt that they've stopped arguing, because I heard the she devil, plopped down on her swivel chair irritably and as for Victor, he walked towards to his cube sighing and shaking his head disappointed. Who wouldn't be disappointed with someone like that? All Victor had to do, was to argue and explain about everything to her even it isn't important. I grimaced and suddenly upset by it.

But before this day could even get any less better, I picked up my Lucy Multi Compartment shoulder bag and started walking to the restroom.

"Hey, Ryder!" I heard my other co-worker yelled from the far end of the office. I turned around and saw him waving at me. He smirked and made his way to the door.

"What got into you today, huh?" I said not looking at him. Though, I peeked through my eyelids. Almost 6'8" in height, a broad shoulder and leaned muscular body, even he's not a fan of going to every boy's playground which is the infamous - gym. A, sex god if everyone must say so, I heard him chuckled which made me stop on my stilettos.

"What's so funny?" he raised his strong arms toward the exquisite ceiling of Skyline Corp.. I resumed doing the cat walk in the hallway. I smirked.

"Do I have a reason to?" he said in a masculine tone. The urge of slapping myself was inevitable, so I mentally did it instead.

It takes one employee, to three minutes of walking going in the restrooms, the reason why is that, because, the CEO of the company was a, - jerk. Sort of, the main reason is to manage all the employee to get their work done and taking a time like that, would make them - us, hesitates to go there. Not unless, you want to suffer from U.T.I..

"How do you manage to walk like that?..." he paused and gazed upon my legs. Sweeping his blue orb from where we came from to our destination. "I forgot, you're a girl." he said chuckling once again.

"I forgot, you're a genius." the door slid open, once it detected someone's going in or out. "But not smart as these programmed doors." I joked sarcastically. He just scratched the back of his neck and disappearing to my left.

Once I got inside, I placed my shoulder bag to the allowance of the sink and looked into the mirror. It reflects a small rounded face, small natural pink lips, a thin eyebrows paired with long thick eye lashes and a small pointed nose. My green eyes shimmers from the fluorescent. The only thing I hate from my appearance, was that my stupid hair. It grows its own mind when I turned 20. I seldom let it loose because if I do that, I'll turn into a hobo. I grimaced. I picked my light rosy pink lipstick inside my bag and swiping the edge to my lips gently. Once I got the correct balance of the colour..., the colour. That had once their in my eyes, lively, sterling that glister from time to time. But now, they seemed wither like my heart that is cold as ice. I have promised to myself that I'll never let my guard down, I won't let anyone in and just to take me for granted. I won't make the same mistake, again!