Convincing my Boyfriend's Father- Chapter 2

Start from the beginning

He groaned and pressed his lips together stubbornly. Then he brought his eyes up to mine. “Are you sure you want to be here or—“

I threw up my hands in the air. “Again with this? I’m not being forced to move here, Seb. Point blank. Period. I want to be with Ash. I want to be wherever he is. I love him.”

“I get that, but—“

“Can’t you just be happy for me?” I murmured.

“I—“ He sighed. “Fine.”

“Thank you.”

Mandy lightly elbowed him in his side. “Good job, Seb. Way to be the man in the situation.”

“Even though I’m sure Izzy could play that part anytime she wanted to…”

With a sly grin on my face, I threw another punch into his gut. Only harder this time. He staggered forward in pain, his breath coming out quick. “Way to insult me when you can see I’m still clearly pissed at you.”

Izzy.” Mandy shook her head at me.

“What? He’s being a jerk again.” I complained.

“Alright, well you guys can head in now…Seb? You okay, man?” Ash suddenly appeared at my side and asked.

I wheeled around and smiled at him. “He’s fine! Just has a serious case of diarrhea!”

“Oh…kay?” Ash chuckled to himself and took my hand in his. “You two come on in and I’ll show you the way to the restroom, Seb.”

“This place is amazing.” Mandy said, looking around the endless hallway we were waiting in while Ash showed Seb to the restroom.

“Yeah. It is.” I added.

She looked over at me and grinned. “You caught a good one, Iz.”

I slipped my hands into the back pockets of my jeans. “I guess I did.” I murmured to myself almost unconsciously as I walked further down the hallway when something caught my eye.

“Izzy. Ash probably wouldn’t like it if wander off.” Mandy called out at me. And I had a feeling she wasn’t going to follow me. Probably because she was waiting for Seb.

It was only just a couple of feet away now. I picked up my pace as the picture became clearer by the second. Once I came close enough to actually identify the picture, I stopped dead in my tracks. “Layla.” I whispered softly. She looked exactly how she looked like when I had last seen her. Long, curly brown locks. A sweet, tender face that can make anyone smile.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?”

I spun around to find Keith Strapp standing behind me, gazing up at the picture as well. He still looked the same to with his brown hair and even though he is pretty old, he still looked somewhat young at the same time.

I pulled my hands out of my pockets, thinking that he would think it was rude of me to do that. “Very. Looks just like I remembered.”

“She really liked you. She would’ve been more happy before she passed if you would not have disappeared like you did.”

I disappeared?” I stared at him in disbelief. Did he just say that I disappeared? He was the one who dragged Ash out here to Florida!

“Isn’t that what I just said?”

My mouth fell open at his rudeness. “I heard what you said. I just can’t believe you said that. Aren’t you the one who forced Ash to come here in the first place?”