Interrogation

"WHERE IS HE?"

Lex Luthor was, for lack of a better term, throwing a temper tantrum.

A stapler and stack of papers went flying across the room..

"HE COULDN'T HAVE JUST VANISHED INTO THIN AIR!"

From the other side of the room, well out of range of any more flying objects, Slade was leaning casually against the wall, seemingly unfazed by Luthor's enraged screams.

"Mmm."

""MMM"? OUR ASSASSIN THAT KNOWS ABOUT THE LIGHT AND ALL OF MY OPERATIONS IS MISSING AND ALL YOU SAY IS "MMM"?"

'What do you want me to say?" Deathstroke snapped, losing his cool momentarily. "It's not like I care. You only hired me to train him. Besides, it's you're fault anyway."

Lex looked like he had been slapped across the face.

"He- th- WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT WAS MY FAULT?" A cell phone flew across the room, smacking into the wall and shattering.

"I mean," Slade drawled, and it was obvious he was smirking under his mask, "that if you hadn't sent him on an absolutely pointless mission when normal security could have been called, he wouldn't be gone now." He let out the softest of chuckles when Luthor shouted in rage again, chucking a mug of coffee onto the floor.

Slowly, the genius began to calm down, slowing his breathing down to a normal pace and slowly sitting down in his chair.

"Alright... alright," he said slowly. "Calm. Deathstroke, do we know anything?"

Slade shook his head.

"Nothing," he confirmed. "Security cameras were wiped out, and the comm that's normally in his ear, the one with the tracer in it, was crushed on the floor." He raised an eyebrow under the orange and black mask. "I don't suppose you had another tracer on him somewhere...?"

A glass jar filled with pencils and pens shattered on the floor.

"There was other things, though," Slade said, watching Lex stomp around in a another fit of rage. "Skid marks on the floor, arrow shafts, excess water on the ground. Most likely it was the Justice-"

Before he had even finished, Luthor had exploded, strings of profanities exiting his mouth as he proceeded to destroy the rest of his office.

This wasn't going to end well.

_Line Break_

Consciousness was returning slowly- waaaaaaaay too slowly for Dick's taste. He could hear voices around him, as if they were coming from a long ways away. Occasionally someone or something would touch him on the arm, but he could't react to them, no matter how hard he tried

What had happened?

Maybe Slade had accidentally given a concussion again- it had happened before. Or maybe he was being tested on again, he was expected by both his masters to build up a resistance to most drugs. Yeah, that must have been it.

Slowly he cracked his eyes open. A white ceiling was the only thing in sight, a swirling pattern etched into it-

Wait.

The ceiling in the medical wing at Lexcorp didn't have patterns in it- and he should know, he'd spent more time staring at that ceiling than he preferred.

Where was he?

Dick bolted up from the soft surface he was laying on- or would have, if he had been able to move his arms and legs. He was jerked to a stop before he could even sit up. Turning his head he could see leather restraints around his wrists and ankles. His belt, boots, and gloves were gone as well- even the knife he kept strapped to his left arm was gone.