Amazo

Yeah, Dick found out what Batman's "precautions" were.

A freakin' inhibitor collar.

Around his neck.

Sure, it was slimmer and a ton less clunky than the ones that were used on criminals, but seriously!

"You know this isn't going to work on me, right?" he grumbled as Batman clipped the stupid thing onto his neck. Batman straightened.

"No," he replied. "But the shock feature will. Step out of line, and you know what will happen."

"Jeez," Dick muttered. "You really don't trust me. Doesn't an assassin's word mean anything nowadays?"

Batman didn't look amused, and Dick pouted, following the Dark Knight to the zeta tube.

Zeta tubes were nothing like boom tubes at all. While the boom tubes had been sudden and painful, the zeta tubes were quiet and almost nice-feeling as he stepped through into another room just in time to see Superboy get thrown across the room by a blond women that he recognized as Black Canary.

Dick tried to hold it in, he really did, but a snigger escaped his lips, turning into a full on laugh.

Superboy whirled to face Canary, growling in frustration.

"You're angry, good," she instructed. "Now try to channel that anger-"

Superboy didn't wait for him to finish, throwing himself forward with a roar. Black Canary skillfully flipped over him and dropped to the ground, sweeping Superboy's legs out from under him and sending the kryptonian crashing to the floor. Dick managed to muffle his laughter this time, but only just, ignoring the glare Batman sent his way.

The clone stomped to his feet, ignoring Canary's offered hand.

"That's it," he snarled, turning away from her. "I'm done."

Canary put a hand on his shoulder that was quickly shrugged off.

"Training is mandatory," she insisted, but before an arguement could commence, Batman stepped forward.

"Team," he began, and the young heroes turned to listen, all gasping in surprise when they saw Dick standing next to him, arms crossed and a grumpy look on his face. Weapons were drawn and battle stances were readied, but Batman held up a hand.

"Calm down," he said. "Renegade has agreed to help us by joining your team."

There was silence for a moment, and then the room exploded.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S JOINING THE TEAM?" Wally screeched. "THAT GUY'S A KILLER! DO YOU HONESTLY EXPECT US TO-"

"Batman, surely this is too much? How do you expect us to work with him, he is an assassin, and not to be trusted-"

"Him? He could have hurt M'gann, he shouldn't be allowed to-"

"Batman, are you sure about this?" Black Canary said above the protests of the younger heroes. "I trust you, the League trusts you, but is this really-"

Dick stopped listening to their shouts and instead focused on the soft presence that he suddenly felt in his mind. It wasn't invading like last time, instead it hovered at the edge of Dick's conscious, almost like it was asking to be let in.

To be completely honest, the soft touch reminded him of his mother.

Dick turned to look at Miss Martian carefully, cocking an eyebrow, before he let her in- not into his mind, but just so much that they could communicate.

"You're confused," was the first thing she thought, and Dick sent her a mildly confused look.

"What makes you say that?"