Cheshire

Dick paused for a second in his work to glance up at the sly women he had been instructed to work with as he hacked into the security vault of the Museum of Curious Artifacts in Jump City, California. Cheshire was sneaky, skilled, and very, very dangerous, and if Dick wanted to get anything done he'd have to keep an eye on her at all times.

They were both after different artifacts- he didn't know exactly what Cheshire was after, but he himself had been instructed to get the remains of an odd meteorite that was rumored to have traces of kryptonite in it. Why Luthor was so obsessed with the rock really puzzled the assassin- sure he knew it was Superman's weakness but seriously... creepy stalker much?

Dick had met Cheshire on the top of the building while inspecting the security and a short fight had occurred until they had reached a mutual understanding. Safety measures were extremely tight around here, and neither Cheshire nor Dick himself had the skill to pull a heist off alone. They needed each other, and that was the only reason he was teaming up with her.

He finally got into the mainframe and switched off the lasers in the inner vents. This particular system required for him to continuously hack in and defend his own systems from different viruses. It was difficult work, and Dick couldn't do that and navigate his way through the ventilation system at the same time.

"Got it," he whispered quietly to the older assassin, and she purred in satisfaction, sending shivers down Dick's spin.

"Oh, perfect," she said, slipping the cat-like mask onto her face and taking a dagger to the grate of the vent, tugging it off and slipping inside silently. Dick watched quietly through the security cameras as she made her way through and dropped down onto the floor below, pressing the button to deactivate the security up until that point.

Dick deactivated his hologlove and sped down the vents himself, hopping down next to Cheshire who was casually leaning against the wall, twirling her dagger around her finger.

"What took you so long?" she sighed dramatically. "I don't have all day, you know."

He glared at her and shook his head, turning his attention back to the task at hand.

"Okay, there's a series of invisible laser beams up ahead. I can turn most of them off, but there's a few that stay activated no matter what until morning. I can tell you where they are if you'll listen."

He pulled up his hologlove once more and activated the sensor, carefully scanning the room and deactivating everything that he could. He nodded at Cheshire when he was done, and she began to cautiously move ahead, her movements smooth and graceful.

"Freeze!" Dick yelled out, and Cheshire did just that, stopping with her foot inches from the floor, muscles trembling from the strain.

"Okay, listen, there's two here. One about eye level, and one just below your foot."

"Cutting it kind of close, don't you think?" she hissed, and her voice was slightly strained.

"Sorry," he apologized, and she grunted, backing up slowly and breaking into a run, leaping up the wall to get above both lasers and landing on the other side in a crouch.

"Okay, great," Dick said, hurriedly typing into the glove to find the next beams. "You have a couple more feet to go before- stop, stop!" She froze again, glaring back at him angrily. "You're a centimeter away from another beam that's slicing diagonally across the room from left to right. It's about level with your thighs right now."

Cheshire moved back a step and moved to the left so she could easily duck under the beam. She turned around, casting a criticizing eye over his way.