Chapter 8: The 'Mum'

Chapter 8:

The 'Mum'

After Esme left we all went back inside and cleaned the house one last time before Kiera arrived. 

It was eerily quiet. Everyone seemed to be thinking about what it'd be like living without Esme for an entire month, not to forget with a human. Well at least that's what I was thinking about, after all I can't read their thoughts unlike my husband.

Once we'd finished cleaning we all went to our cars, we weren't supposed to be home upon Keira's arrival.

Edward, Renesmee and I went in my Ferrari red Ferrari F430, which Edward gave me as the 'after car' for our wedding.

Emmett and Rose took her candy apple red BMW M3 Convertible. Alice and Jasper where in Alice's Dakar yellow Porsche 911 Turbo. Whilst Seth, Leah and Jake where in Jake's cherry red 1986 Volkswagen Rabbit and Carlisle was in his own shadow black Mercedes S55 AMG with Eleazar and Carmen. Tanya, Kate, Garret and Nahuel took Emmett's Boston University red Wrangler-style Jeep.

***

As I stepped out of the luxurious limousine I kept my eyes closed.

Since the limousine began driving through the woods, I was dreading the living conditions I was sure to face in the next month.

That many children with only two parents, it's bound to put them into a financial crisis.

They wouldn't be able to afford a decent house whilst feeding all those mouths; do they even wear clothes?!

What am I thinking? I've gone mad, calm down Keira. Of course they'll have clothes - the benefits they receive surely will cover those costs. How else will all those children go to school...

Oh dear, they don't go to school!

What have I landed myself in?

"Mrs Delany. You can open your eyes, we've arrived." Said my driver, barely suppressing his laughter.

Oh no. I'm going to live in a shed, a card board box, a, a swamp!

None the less, I had to face my horrid reality.

"Are you sure it's safe? There aren't any bears going to attack us because the family stole their honey and are keeping it hidden in their shed, I mean home?"

"It's perfectly safe." My driver confirmed. "It's gorgeous. I wish I could live here."

That's odd. Did he just say he wants to live here?

"I know what you mean, wait until you meet the family. This will look like a completely natural house in comparison." chuckled another male voice close by.