"So when you mentioned the party," Justine continued as though she hadn't just slapped me in the face, "I admit I was a bit relieved. Not only could I see James, but Nick would have an opportunity to possibly see you with Harry."

"That's why James was fine with my going."

Justine nodded.

"He didn't give a shit," I cursed. "He just wanted to be with you."

"Tisa..."

"Were you already fucking him by this point?" I inquired a little too loudly.

"Tisa, lower your voice," Justine pleaded, gazing around the cafe.

"Well, were you?" I could feel the heat rising on my face as I clenched my fists.

"I...you're one to talk, Tisa! What a fucking hypocrite!" She gave me an awful go-to-hell look.

I stood and grabbed my coat from the back of the chair. "I think I've heard enough." I turned to walk out of the coffee shop, leaving my half empty cup on the table.

"We weren't sleeping together!" Justine professed.

I stopped in my tracks, feeling several sets of eyes on me. I shut my own as I turned around to face her again.

"It doesn't matter," I muttered. "Obviously everybody got what they wanted."

I was about to turn again to leave when Justine said, "There's something else I have to tell you."

"What?" I asked, dropping my shoulders in exasperation.

"Please." Justine gestured toward the empty chair. Hesitantly, I took my seat again, waiting for more words I wasn't sure I wanted to hear.

Justine pressed her lips together, taking a long pause before beginning again. "The morning after the party, James met Nick for golf. He had photos of you and Harry arriving at the party, and some of you leaving."

"So," I shrugged, recalling James sitting at the kitchen table in his golf clothes, telling me he was going to New York.

"He'd even followed you to Harry's and got pictures of the two of you kissing before you'd left in your car."

I pinched the bridge of nose. I wasn't sure at this point which detail of this entire conversation I was the most livid about. Or if I even cared at all.

"He was really angry," said Justine. "He called me, yelling into the phone that he was ready to kick you out of the house. Then he began sobbing, saying he'd given you everything and this was the thanks he got. After I finally got him to calm down, he said he had an idea. I didn't know what it was until he phoned me again later."

Justine eyed me, willing me to understand what she was getting at. Then it hit me. Again.

"He didn't go to New York, did he?" I asked in almost a whisper.

Justine shook her head slowly. I swallowed hard.

"He knows Harry stayed with me."

"Yeah," Justine nodded.

"And he stayed with you."

Justine was silent as she sucked in her lips and nodded once more.

"God dammit," I cursed under my breath. "Justine, I thought you were my friend."

I was on the verge of tears, yet they didn't seem ready to fall. The truth was, I wouldn't let myself cry. Because then I would be a hypocrite. I loved Harry. I had sex with Harry. I was having an affair with Harry. What gave me the right to be angry that James was doing the same with someone else?