10 Interesting Disney Facts

1. The Lion King was originally called "King of the Jungle", until Disney realised that lions don't live in the jungle.

2. A hyena biologist sued Disney for portraying hyenas as villains in The Lion King.

3. The words sung at the beginning of The Lion King are Zulu for "Here comes a lion, father" and "Oh, yes, it's a lion".

4. The group Abba were originally intended to do the music for The Lion King, but they weren't available, so Disney went with Elton John.

5. The "Asante sana squash banana" song that Rafiki sings in The Lion King is an old nursery rhyme in Swahili.

6. Jackie Chan provided the speaking and singing voice for Beast in the Chinese version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast.

7. Frozen is the first animated Disney film directed by a woman.

8. Finding Nemo harmed clownfish populations after people started buying tons of pet clownfish after seeing the movie.

9. The character Lots-o'-Huggin' Bear was supposed to appear in Toy Story, but Pixar didn't have the technology to realistically animate his fur, so he didn't make his first appearance until Toy Story 3.

10. Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is the most expensive film ever made. Tangled is the second most expensive movie ever made.

~~~~~~~~~

There we have it! The first chapter of Everything Else Disney, the sequel to my rather successful book Everything Disney. I'm so happy at how popular Everything Disney got (200,000+ reads, 2000+ votes and heaps of comments) and I'm thankful to all my amazing readers, followers and commenters.

The next chapter will be up soon! Hope you enjoyed these interesting facts!

~Dreams