Chapter 3

Madame Pomfrey releases me from the hospital wing about an hour later. Classes don't start until tomorrow so thankfully I won't miss anything.
    I'm afraid to go to dinner that night, but Sev talks me into it. When I walk in, all heads snap towards me. They all know what happened. I look over at the Gryffindor table andJames smiles at me evilly.
    Nothing physical happens for a long time. In fact, all they do is make fun of me until Christmas. There is a Christmas ball on the eighteenth of December. Cissy drags me to Hogsmede and makes me buy a dress. She's forcing me to go even though I don't want to.
    A few weeks before the ball, Regulus asks me to be his date. Blushing and happy, I agree. He smiles widely when I agree.
    The day of the ball, Cissy spends hours upon hours on my hair and makeup. Finally, she's done torturing me. Cissy absolutely loves doing hair and makeup whereas I hate it.
    We walk down the stairs towards the Great Hall after we finish getting ready, and as soon as we get to the bottom, Reggie comes over and links his arm through mine. James gives me a livid glare. He's angry that my date is a Slytherin. James gets even angrier when Severus and Lucius come over and tell me how beautiful I look.
    I know they're doing it to annoy him, and I'm grateful. The corridor begins to empty out though so I grin and say, "Who will be my trusty steed to the Great Hall?" All of the boys pretend to fight over me, and Reggie wins.
    I jump onto his back and yell, "Away my trusty Slytherin!" Laughing, he runs into the Great Hall with the rest of our friends on his heels.
    We spend the night dancing and drinking punch. Reggie is a surprisingly good dancer. I suppose he has to be considering all the parties his parents throw. He's invited me before but I don't have a death wish. His parents wouldn't accept a blood traitor like me in their home.
    All too soon, it's midnight and time to go back to our dorms. As I turn to part from the boys and Cissy, Reggie pulls me behind a tapestry and presses his lips to mine. It's a soft, sweet kiss. Not like anything you would expect from a Slytherin. It takes me a moment, but I kiss him back.
    He pulls away from me and grins. "I may have a crush on you," He admits. I laugh nervously. "No way," I reply sarcastically. His grin disappears and he turns serious. "Be my girlfriend."
     I don't know what to say. I mean, I want to, but will it change our friendship? What if we break up? I guess there's only one way to find out. "Of course I will Reggie." He smiles, and kisses me again. He pulls away and looks down at me. "I will see you in the morning."
    I walk back to the common room, and say the password. There on the couch sit the Marauders. James springs up. "And where have you been? Meeting your boyfriend?" He laughs. I decide that I've had enough of James and his groupies bothering me, so I tell the truth. "Yeah I have. More kissing actually." James looks shocked. Of course an ogre like me could never get a boyfriend.
    "Who?" He asks. My reply takes him by surprise. "Regulus Black."
    "My brother?" Sirius asks. I roll my eyes. "No, the other Regulus Black in Slytherin." I go upstairs, get my blanket and pillow, and walk back downstairs to find James blocking my path. "Where are you going?" He asks. "Slytherin sleepover," I respond before I walk out.
    I walk down into the dungeons, and say the password to the wall. "Pureblood." The wall opens, and I walk in to the common room, where a party is in full swing. I don't see any of my friends, so I go up to the boys' dorm and knock. I learned the hard way about knocking.
    Sev opens the door. "What do you bloody-  oh, hey Sky." He says. "We were playing truth or dare. Want to play?" I nod. "Are Cissy and Bella in here?" He nods and opens the door.
    Everyone turns and grins at me, except Lucy and Cissy. They groan and hand a sickle to Sev and Reggie. "Couldn't you have waited ten more minutes?" Lucy asks. I shrug and spread my stuff on the floor. I lay on it, and Sev tries to lay on the blanket on one side, and Reggie on the other. I try to push Sev off first. "Sev! Get off! It's mine!" I whine, causing him to laugh. Then I try to push Reggie off. No luck. Instead he just grabs my hand. I just put my face on the floor.
    After a minute, Lucy laughs evilly. "Let the truthing and daring begin!" Cissy goes first. "Sev, truth or dare?" He asks. Sev thinks about it. "Dare." He decided. Cissy grins. "I dare you to kiss Lucy. For thirty seconds." Sev makes a face, and so does Lucy, but Slytherins don't back down. So Sev kisses Lucy. And I don't even watch.
    After a while, I get tired of laying down, so I sit up. Reggie pulls me into his lap, and I lay my head back against his shoulder. Everybody looks at us confused. They must not know. I'm about to say something, but Reggie beats me to it. "Sky is my girlfriend." Everyone smiles at us.
    We play truth or dare for a long time. Until two a.m. actually. When we finish playing, I lay my bedding on the floor and curl up in it. Reggie hangs his hand down over the bed, and I take it. He strokes the back of my hand with his thumb, and I slip off to sleep.
James stands in front of me, wand in hand. He comes closer, and I flinch. Then I feel his arms wrap around me. "What's wrong Sky? You seem afraid. Are you afraid of me?" This must be a dream. James doesn't care. He never will. Then he holds up his wand. You should be very afraid. He casts spells at me, causing pain. So much pain. "You don't even deserve to live! You'll never amount to anything! Loser!" The pain is too much for me too handle. I just want it to end. Hot tears stream down my face, blinding me. "Sky! Wake up!"
    I sit up quickly and hit somebody in the dark, causing me to scream. A hand covers my mouth. "Shh. It's okay, you're okay." Reggie. Then I hear Sev. "It was just a dream." The light comes on revealing all my friends looking shaken. Even Bella.
    Reggie wraps his arms around me. "Don't cry." I lay my head on his shoulder. "Thank Merlin it's Saturday." I hear Lucy say. "We couldn't send her to class like this." I'm still crying. "What time is it?" I hear Cissy ask. Sev groans. "Five." I stand up. "Sorry to wake you all up. I'll just go back to the Gryffindor tower." Reggie grabs my arm.
    "Just stay in here. We'll do anything for you." Everybody nods in agreement. Reggie pulls me onto his bed and lays down, wrapping his arms around me. I put my head on his chest and take in his scent. He kisses the top of my head. "Sweet dreams." He whispers. And I do have sweet dreams. Full of Reggie.