Those Three Little Words

Quinn watched out of the corner of her eye as Harmony slowly peeled the carrots. Quinn had slowed her peeling of the potatoes as a result. Quinn knew she was going to have to ask but she couldn't, her and Rachel had made the deal that she would do all the teenager stuff, Quinn was not good in these moments.

"Okay Har. Fancy telling me what's wrong."

Harmony let out a sigh.

"It's Spencer."

Quinn jaw clenched and she dropped the peeler.

"What. Did. He. Do?"

"Nothing bad Mama, please calm down."

Harmony said turning and rubbing her mama's arm.

"Can we sit down?"

Quinn nodded and walked to the breakfast bar, Harmony sitting next to her.

"What did he do then?"

Harmony giggled. Her mothers always presumed it was something someone had done.

"It's not what he's done more of what he hasn't."

Quinn nodded, she could deal with that. It was probably Harmony being just like Rachel, god the amount of times Quinn was in trouble for what she hadn't done.

"You see, we've been together for a year and I was really hoping for, y'know, those three little words."

Quinn nodded.

"Maybe he is waiting for you to say it. I know Spencer and he is probably worried that you will run away."

"It's not just mama but I wanna take us to the next level and saying 'I love you' will tell me I'm giving myself to the right person."

Quinn stared. She was going to cry. No scream.

"RACHEL!!!!"

"Mama calm down. Im 18 It's normal."

Quinn shook her head and covered her eyes as Rachel came skidding in.

"What?"

Rachel looked confused to see Quinn singing with covered ears and Harmony talking louder and louder.

"Stop!"

They did and turnt to look at the older brunette.

"Your daugter is talking about sex."

"Our daughter."

Quinn shook her head.

"Yours. Im out."

And Quinn was gone. Rachel laughed shaking her head and sat down, prompting Harmony to follow.

"Quinn lived in a very conservative family for most of her youth, you know that. So what is it about that, that you are worried about?"

"I just want to know that I'm giving it to the right one. I know in a way that I am, but I just need those words to know."

Rachel nodded.

"I had already made the mistake of giving myself the wrong one when I met your mother. I knew she was the one though but I still wanted those words before we took the step because she was special. I was waiting for your mama to say it but in the end I did it because, the feeling of saying it finally is amazing. Just go for it, and if he doesn't say it back then you made the right decision to wait."

Harmony nodded.

"When did you say it?"

Rachel smiled and bit her lip at the memory.

"Well. You know how I'm scared of fireworks."

Harmony nodded.

"Well your mama didn't know that so on our fifth or sixth date, proper date, we had hung out and stuff but proper dates were still happening. So for our date she took me to an event and at the end they did fireworks, well your mama obviously didn't know so I tried to act cool. I cuddled upto her like normal but obviously she noticed because I would flinch ever time the bang would go off. She said that we could leave but I knew she liked them so I decided to stick it out. Five more rockets went up and thats when she covered my ears and for the rest of the show she kept them covered. Afterwards she was helping me up and I said it and she said it back instantly, she sulked a little on the way home because she wanted to day it first but it was fine because she got to propose."

Harmony laughed. The sulking part was definitely her mama.

"Thanks mum. I think I'm ready to say it."

Rachel couldn't help the little scream and clap, her little girl was all grown up.

"You guys done?"

Quinn asked walking in cautiously.

"Yep. Our little baby is so big now."

Quinn smiled and patted Harmonys shoulder.

Harmony smiled and hopped off the stool. She was so gonna do it first.

QR....QR....QR....QR....

Harmony smiled and bounced over to Spencer where he was waiting by his car outside the yogurt place.
He hadn't spotted her so she took this chance to pep talk herself. She was going to do it, a year of wonderful things and this is what it was leading to, she love's this boy and he needs to know.

Harmony smiled and casually leaned next to Spencer, waiting for him to look up from his comic.

"Hi"

Spencer jumped and smiled before kissing Harmonys head and putting the comic back in the car by the window.

"Harmony before we go in I gotta say something."

"Me too."

"You first"

They both said and started laughing.

"Same time?"

Spencer asked and Harmony nodded.

"I love you"
"I love you"

Harmony and Spencer smiled and met in a kiss.

It wasn't how Harmony planned but it was amazing. She wouldn't change it for the world.